• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

To be honest, Drakeford is missing a massive trick here. For the life of me I have absolutely no idea why we can't round up 72 thousand vaccinated Welshman and women and pack out the stadium. We could keep it a secret from the English so they wouldn't realise until they get there. Obviously could just close it down after the game. It would literally guarantee us the win. As I say, trick missed.
problem with that is, we couldn't get an oxygen supply into the ground for most of them. in time

To be honest, Drakeford is missing a massive trick here. For the life of me I have absolutely no idea why we can't round up 72 thousand vaccinated Welshman and women and pack out the stadium. We could keep it a secret from the English so they wouldn't realise until they get there. Obviously could just close it down after the game. It would literally guarantee us the win. As I say, trick missed.
And it would cement Drakeford's reputation as the greatest leader Wales has ever had.

Yeah, this is what my brothers was saying to me earlier. I'm more concerned with the fact Davies hasn't played really well in ages.

Since the world cup isn't it? He had a large time out directly after then has been back in fits and starts but hasn't played good in that time.

I'd imagine it's going to be pretty attritional with a lot of kicking so I can see why Bigs starts. Let Sheedy come on when the game is perhaps a bit more open.

With a Backline of Biggar, Davies and North your kind of railroaded into a kicking game. It's going to be a struggle to get the ball out wide.

So the talk is Jon Davies at 12 and North at 13. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.
Obviously worried about the English 'power centres', Farrell and Slade.
Or maybe think these 2 can run over the English pair and won't need LRZ.

Since the world cup isn't it? He had a large time out directly after then has been back in fits and starts but hasn't played good in that time.

Yeah and even in the WC we shouldn't have played him in the semi as he was crocked. Think he's had 2 ops since then so understandably form has been patchy. But I don't think we're in a position to just play him into form no matter how amazing he has been for us. I'm also not sure on the kind of messege it sends out to the rest but Pivac knows what he's doing I suppose. I think I saw some star that said we've won 75% of our 6N games when Foxy has played so I can see why Pivac has gone for experience.

Seems stupid to play JD2 anywhere other than 13. Comfortably the best part of his game is his 13 channel defence - that doesn't mean a huge amount if he's playing 12.

Obviously worried about the English 'power centres', Farrell and Slade.
Or maybe think these 2 can run over the English pair and won't need LRZ.

I'm a bit worried about Slade. He's a class act and North can sometimes be a bit suspect defensively and this is still a new position for him and it's not like 13 from a D point of view is a walk in the park. He's did well in the Ireland game though.

England team to face Wales

England: Daly; Watson, Slade, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Ewels, Martin, Earl, Robson, Malins.

Latest posts