• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

I do think it's better that we have our meltdown year now 2 years out from the WC rather than 1 year out like it was in 2018. More time to build and less players getting wasted by the Lions (although I appreciate that may be null and void this year anyway).

I do think it's better that we have our meltdown year now 2 years out from the WC rather than 1 year out like it was in 2018. More time to build and less players getting wasted by the Lions (although I appreciate that may be null and void this anyway).
Can you answer the question?

I'm very curious as to what changes you think are going to happen due to this match.

16 point win for Wales, making it Wales' 60th win over England! Are England too reliant on their Sarries players, who do seem to be much more error-prone than usual?

This should be Daly's last cap. That's my input
In the past he's the perfect 23, covers 4 positions has a great boot. Feels like yesterday he was on the lions tour, now he shouldn't be in the squad.

Can you answer the question?

I'm very curious as to what changes you think are going to happen due to this match.
The ***le's gone, the pressure's off, the remaining fixtures are meaningless. I would imagine, therefore, that the opportunity to experiment has arrived. Exactly what those experiments will be, I have no idea. After all, I'm not Eddie Jones. ;)

The ***le's gone, the pressure's off, the remaining fixtures are meaningless. I would imagine, therefore, that the opportunity to experiment has arrived. Exactly what those experiments will be, I have no idea. After all, I'm not Eddie Jones. ;)
Heh, thought you would have more given your statement about forcing changes, etc.

I mean can blame the ref, and those were shocking decisions. Lets not say Wales were amazing because i thought besides some stand outs (their SH, sheedy, navidi was excellent too) i thought they were okay defensively, but england got too much quick ball so breakdown work wasn't great
England's set piece was poor, but biggest issue is the penalty count. Some were shocking decisions, but you can get those, you have to stop the dumbass ones, Hill's for the tap and go try was just the biggest brain fart when the ref is so hot on things
Daly had a moment where i went wow. Couldnt believe he kept that ball out of touch, besides that he lost possession poorly too often
LRZ absolutely smoked jonny may at the end, didn't realize how quick he was or if May has slowed a little bit as well? But wow
Mako was exceptional today i thought, didn't think slade played well either. A line break because of a lovely ford pass, i thought he was poor otherwise
The jumping across the lineout was poor, but to several times go from a welsh exit to allowing kicks at goal, you cannot do that at any level, its just shocking
On a side note, how much better did england look ball in hand? A skilful quick center and they might be a real serious handful, there were at least promising signs this time around
Still barely saw tipuric, just in case anyone else did. Was he playing?

Credit to Farrell for not lamping sonya (was she the interviewer?) Actually the first time i thought he's sounded good post match

Last edited:
We have many problems but a consistent one has been discipline.

They flashed up that Itoje was penalised 5 times today - maybe not all valid, but rightly or wrongly he invariably attracts referee attention. That takes him to 10 in 3 matches. Anyone else with those stats would have their place in jeopardy. He's been playing OK but not exactly setting the world on fire.

Now any hope of the ***le has gone it would send a strong message to bench him.

And I called it that an early Itoje charge down spelt trouble :)

For me Wales were only really good for the last 10-15 mins, possibly 20. Otherwise I thought England were the better side.

I also think the first two Welsh tries do affect the result, because without them it could well have been 10-24 to England towards the end and then the pressure is on Wales. Instead it was 24-24 and it made it a different game entirely.

England still threw it away at the end and seriously need to work on their discipline, but I don't think you can say the first two tries didn't impact the result.

He won't change much, if anything, he's stubborn as ****. Probably looking for another lock to put at 6 as we speak.

Still having Kruis around would solve so many of England's current problems IMO. The more I think about it the weirder it seems that he left - he could've comfortably made it to the next RWC.

We have many problems but a consistent one has been discipline.

They flashed up that Itoje was penalised 5 times today - maybe not all valid, but rightly or wrongly he invariably attracts referee attention. That takes him to 10 in 3 matches. Anyone else with those stats would have their place in jeopardy. He's been playing OK but not exactly setting the world on fire.

Now any hope of the ***le has gone it would send a strong message to bench him.

And I called it that an early Itoje charge down spelt trouble :)
Itoje is one of those players. he's on the edge but goes over far too often. I think its a coaching problem I think a good coach would of reigned him enough by now both for Saracens and England that every game he'd be that level of outstanding those kind of players consistently are.

I'd still make him Captain and sack EJ.

Latest posts