• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

I really hope so, England, Saracens and probably the lions could use him

Just realised the lions is this year, guess he could still be picked but playing in Japan makes it less likely?
Theoretically he can - but I doubt he will
Is Gatland watching Top League?
Is it even possible to watch it outside of Japan?

Curious to know though: how do Welsh posters on here feel about Wales' form? While 3 wins is 3 wins, there have been an awful lot of opposition penalties involved in those 3 wins. Do you feel Wales are making progress under Pivac?
Penalties are more often than not conceded because of pressure from the opposition. Yes Welsh fans will be happy because we are able to grind wins when we aren't playing that well and also the fact we keep going for 80 min.

Theoretically he can - but I doubt he will
Is Gatland watching Top League?
Is it even possible to watch it outside of Japan?
Kruis definitely isn't a favourite of Gatland's either. Dropped after the first test and Marler told quite a good story about how in the team review there were multiple highlighted errors in a row that were attributed to him.

Do we really need mass changes? A few changes, certainly, but mass? Much of the team is young and much of it is talented.
When the spine of the team is the problem then yes we do. 2,8,9,12 & 15.

I know you are an Eddie fanboy but we've been poor and going backwards since the World Cup and it's obvious Jones doesn't know what do to and has come to the limit of these players. We should look to the successful teams for form players. Not out of form off the pace players who can't even pass off both hands.

No "just" about it. Jones has singularly failed to get a grip on the between the ears / lack of leadership problems that have haunted this team for years.
While I don't necessarily disagree, that assumes that there are leaders out there that can do the job better than the guys we have. Eddie inherited the likes of Hartley, Robshaw and co who were club captains and their England teams under Jones were good at adapting and winning. But who is there now that could step in and become captain and improve our leadership?

When the spine of the team is the problem then yes we do. 2,8,9,12 & 15.

I know you are an Eddie fanboy but we've been poor and going backwards since the World Cup and it's obvious Jones doesn't know what do to and has come to the limit of these players. We should look to the successful teams for form players. Not out of form off the pace players who can't even pass off both hands.
Not sure about 2, but not going to argue with the rest.

Maybe England are not as good at rugby as the majority think.Simples always about how England nothing to do with other teams putting in the work long may it continue.First and last post bye .

Kruis definitely isn't a favourite of Gatland's either. Dropped after the first test and Marler told quite a good story about how in the team review there were multiple highlighted errors in a row that were attributed to him.
He definitely was. Kruis had been badly injured and Gatland put faith in him by both selecting him in the squad and picking him for the first test. Kruis was rusty, didn't have a great game addictive was dropped, But I suspect Gatland would jump at a fit and firing Kruis.

He definitely was. Kruis had been badly injured and Gatland put faith in him by both selecting him in the squad and picking him for the first test. Kruis was rusty, didn't have a great game addictive was dropped, But I suspect Gatland would jump at a fit and firing Kruis.
Agree to disagree. Those are good points but since Kruis didn't even feature on the bench in the 2nd and 3rd tests I'd say Gatland's opinion of Kruis had soured by the end of the tour.

I thought it was a knock on but apparently its not;) the Josh Adams try was down to England just meandering back to their positions. as for England's Penalty count that has to be sorted as France will run riot.

Might hide behind the sofa against France!. That last 20 minutes from England was hideous. France and Ireland still to come, one win for the tournament is a big possibility. Disastrous.

Might hide behind the sofa against France!. That last 20 minutes from England was hideous. France and Ireland still to come, one win for the tournament is a big possibility. Disastrous.
Was it hideous tho? Or was it all part of Eddie's masterplan to secure Wayne Pivac's job and thus keep Wales in the doldrums? ;)

don't think Wales played that well, but to win when you're not at your best, is I think a positive, oh and well done wales

Agree to disagree. Those are good points but since Kruis didn't even feature on the bench in the 2nd and 3rd tests I'd say Gatland's opinion of Kruis had soured by the end of the tour.
I don't think it was soured, more Gatland realising that he'd made a mistake selecting someone who wasn't match hardened and possibly not properly fit. A lesson Jones hasn't taken on board with the Sarries contingent.

I don't think it was soured, more Gatland realising that he'd made a mistake selecting someone who wasn't match hardened and possibly not properly fit. A lesson Jones hasn't taken on board with the Sarries contingent.
That's putting it...

What's below mild? The Anti-Spice. Beigely? Normly? Kind of adequately?

Not sure about 2, but not going to argue with the rest.
Can't do all of that at once, but yeah, players outside of those positions aren't habitually causing issues. To drag another point in, giving Itoje the Captaincy and demanding that he stops giving away pens in return isn't the worst idea

Latest posts