• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Damn, is it 3am! Lol... it ain't even 2:59!
It will still be early in the diff right now. There's always the gay bar on Charles St that shuts at 6am. Yeah been there, done that... don't get too many idiots in there either, always end up having a great night.
And it's official, I don't get hit on by either sex... fugly to the core :D

Seriously, I have consciously avoided whining like a *****
press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

Personally I thought England got their butts whipped today and rightly so. They have infringed on the offside line for years and now a referee finally started calling it.

Whilst I never like how Sonja asks those questions. I find it odd people don't think its her job to ask players/coaches the talking points of the game in a post match interview.
Ask once to make the point. Ask the same question several times to get a reaction isn't good. Also lots of the questions she asked were trying to get Farrell and Jones criticise the officials which could lead to fines etc which is a bit cynical. Also trying to get Eddie to publicly criticise Maro wasn't a good look.

I've never been her biggest fan but don't like anyone getting abuse on line, that being said she did a bad job yesterday and should be held to account for it.

Ask once to make the point. Ask the same question several times to get a reaction isn't good. Also lots of the questions she asked were trying to get Farrell and Jones criticise the officials which could lead to fines etc which is a bit cynical. Also trying to get Eddie to publicly criticise Maro wasn't a good look.

I've never been her biggest fan but don't like anyone getting abuse on line, that being said she did a bad job yesterday and should be held to account for it.
She should have concentrated on asking why Wales had given England such a whipping.

Jones would have been given a fairly free pass if he'd stood down some / all of them from the tournament. It would have been perfectly rational and given a legitimate chance to have a proper look at others who could scarcely have done any worse. Instead we're getting poor performances, poor results, a culture of sinecure and several back ups who we still don't have any real clue if they can cut it or not.
Just thinking about this: if Jones had stood down all his Sarries players, would he have been lambasted for ruining their Lions chances? Most of them were test starters 4 years ago and had a win-heavy 2020, so they would all have expected to be in with a good shout. Just wondering if there was pressure on Eddie from the players or from Gatland for them to play? No idea really, just speculation.

Well well well. What a lovely Sunday. I'd be very encouraged this morning if I was English. You're getting better as the tournament goes on. Much better performance yesterday. Obviously we were very poor but it's nice to get the easy game out of the way with. On to the Grand Slam game in a few weeks.

Do people still think Itoje should be captain of the lions? I don't even think he'd make my starting 15 at the moment. Always goes missing in big games and actually, more often than not, costs you the game.

Oh well, I'd still take him on tour as he can still learn a lot watching AWJ.

Do people still think Itoje should be captain of the lions? I don't even think he'd make my starting 15 at the moment. Always goes missing in big games and actually, more often than not, costs you the game.

Oh well, I'd still take him on tour as he can still learn a lot watching AWJ.
Was AWJ playing? Didn't see him, thought he must've been injured in warmup

Was AWJ playing? Didn't see him, thought he must've been injured in warmup

Ha ha. He didn't have to do much. I mean, it wasn't like having Itoje is his pocket was that taxing to be honest.

Was so funny watching OAP get dominated by Itoje wasn't it. Even Curry having to clear him at from the side at a crucial time. What a player Curry is.

Even our best player didn't have to get out of 2nd gear thats how bad we were. This is fun, I'm trolling and telling the truth.

Well done England, though. Credit where it's due, that was a really good English performance. Just a shame you couldn't really test us properly in the game. I mean, 40 points. Lol.

Nige brigade in shambles

So I had a go at Nige last week for making up laws and not taking his word as gospel. In this case well try 1 he's making the same thing he did against May on that it's just unfair. But he also indicates Biggar did nothing wrong and I don't think he did either. On reflection is try 'legal' I think it is, there's nothing (unless the water carrier thing is true as part of protocols) to say it wasn't scored within the laws of the game.

Here's the rub though the referee created an unfair advantage of which one side gained from. An advantage that England with anyone in right mind would think was possible. Like o said earlier otherwise defences always have to be set regardless as it's a lottery to when refs call time on. So legal try probably, is the ref playing fairly with both sides absolutely not. Which seams to be what Nige is saying basically the ref was an arse.

Try2 I still can't be arsed to watch it, but unlike last week Nige has fully explained the law and why it's knock on. Wish he did that last week

So I had a go at Nige last week for making up laws and not taking his word as gospel. In this case well try 1 he's making the same thing he did against May on that it's just unfair. But he also indicates Biggar did nothing wrong and I don't think he did either. On reflection is try 'legal' I think it is, there's nothing (unless the water carrier thing is true as part of protocols) to say it wasn't scored within the laws of the game.

Here's the rub though the referee created an unfair advantage of which one side gained from. An advantage that England with anyone in right mind would think was possible. Like o said earlier otherwise defences always have to be set regardless as it's a lottery to when refs call time on. So legal try probably, is the ref playing fairly with both sides absolutely not. Which seams to be what Nige is saying basically the ref was an arse.

Try2 I still can't be arsed to watch it, but unlike last week Nige has fully explained the law and why it's knock on. Wish he did that last week

I seem to remember you saying there's nothing about a level playing field in the rule book. Lol.

He did do that last week. It's just that you thought you knew better which is a common trait amongst English rugby fans.

Having slept on it and then caught up on this thread, it's interesting the completely different attitudes of Welsh and English fans towards their team...

England won the 6N and the ANC last year and this board was replete with English fans calling out their team for not playing well, not looking like they could kick on and beat the world's best, and desperately needing changes to improve despite the wins and the trophies. Before the Wales game, a lot of England posters were even saying that a loss might be beneficial to the team because it would force changes, myself included, as winning was just papering over the cracks.

Wales beat no-one but Georgia and Italy in 2020 and looked poor. This 6N they beat Ireland by 5 points despite Ireland playing with 14 men for 66 minutes, Scotland by 1 point depsite Scotland playing with 14 men for 26 minutes, and then beat England with two, shall we say, controversial tries coming early on, then blowing 17-6 and 24-14 leads against them before a whole bundle of silly, unforced England penalties gifted Wales the win. And Wales fans appear to be deliriously happy, over the moon, a win's a win etc.

What I mean is, if England had performed the way Wales had over the first 3 games of this 6N, England fans would have torn the team apart, talked endlessly about how the wins were papering over the cracks, and that the team was not going to go on to any success playing medicore and relying on other teams' unforced errors to get them through games. But this barely seems to bother Wales fans at all.

Is it just that England fans have bigger fish to fry? Or is it that Wales fans are more content with less?

I seem to remember you saying there's nothing about a level playing field in the rule book. Lol.

He did do that last week. It's just that you thought you knew better which is a common trait amongst English rugby fans.
Do you read or did you just skim though? First off yes I did say that and that's also (unless the water carrier protocol is there) why the try is probably legal. Nothing says the ref has to wait for the defence to set to call time on, Nigel doesn't even say there is.

That said would you expect to be allowed to do that in this situation absolutely it's poor refereeing not an actual illegal try. Same with the HIA try a few years back you'd expect your replacement to be allowed on the pitch before play started. The ref doesn't have to allow it but that doesn't make it extremely poor decision to do so.

Nigel hasnt said the first try should of be discounted he just would never of allowed time on to be called in that situation.

Last week he said it was penalty by may which he explained but then never said under what law. This time he's explained what a knock on is, I can go read the knock on laws and his interpretation of why this play breached those laws. Last week nobody could find what the hell he was talking about.

Having slept on it and then caught up on this thread, it's interesting the completely different attitudes of Welsh and English fans towards their team...

England won the 6N and the ANC last year and this board was replete with English fans calling out their team for not playing well, not looking like they could kick on and beat the world's best, and desperately needing changes to improve despite the wins and the trophies. Before the Wales game, a lot of England posters were even saying that a loss might be beneficial to the team because it would force changes, myself included, as winning was just papering over the cracks.

Wales beat no-one but Georgia and Italy in 2020 and looked poor. This 6N they beat Ireland by 5 points despite Ireland playing with 14 men for 66 minutes, Scotland by 1 point depsite Scotland playing with 14 men for 26 minutes, and then beat England with two, shall we say, controversial tries coming early on, then blowing 17-6 and 24-14 leads against them before a whole bundle of silly, unforced England penalties gifted Wales the win. And Wales fans appear to be deliriously happy, over the moon, a win's a win etc.

What I mean is, if England had performed the way Wales had over the first 3 games of this 6N, England fans would have torn the team apart, talked endlessly about how the wins were papering over the cracks, and that the team was not going to go on to any success playing medicore and relying on other teams' unforced errors to get them through games. But this barely seems to bother Wales fans at all.

Is it just that England fans have bigger fish to fry? Or is it that Wales fans are more content with less?

Yeah, ok bud. I'm sure you'd be up in arms being 3 from 3. God, just accept a very poor Welsh team in transition put 40 points on you. Ha.

Latest posts