• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

I've re-watched the first half again. It was pretty interesting, not going to focus on the two try decisions as enough has been said about. Wales were controlling the game for the first 30, England couldn't keep hold of the ball or kept giving away penalties and just couldn't get any momentum. England's defence was pretty decent to be fair, Wales didn't make many clean breaks but were threatening enough to put pressure on England and cause them to commit penalties. Up until 30 minutes I don't think England even put together a sustained attack but that did change in the last 10 minutes when a few times they really cut Wales open when they finally got decent ball and managed to score try and points. Overall, disregarding the two tries. Both teams would be reasonably happy with the half, Wales showing that they can put together sustained attacking phases (something they couldn't do in AI) kicking game was also better than Scotland game. England weren't great in the first half but stuck in there and showed they can be a threat in attack in the last 30. They were easily in a position to win the game and momentum had swung their way by the end of the 2nd half.

I've had to remove the last few posts - something to do with the preview of that article being quoted broke the flow of the page (probably an open ended tag somewhere in the preview code)

Think(??) it's sorted now

General consensus was:
Top level get paid a reasonable amount but not a crazy amount,
Regular pro level refs don't get that much,
Lots of refs/tmos have second jobs (/refereeing is their second job)

Keep up, he (the ref) has admitted to both being wrong and being at fault.
cant keep up that well . I am in work , but by going to the tmo he took "advice" , tmo at fault not ref , and the adams try .I think the ref thought that biggar would kick for touch in the corner so time would not be an issue

I'm surprised the Welsh haven't sent death threats to the ref for the audacity of admitting he got it wrong.

I mean Genge got death threats for not clapping, despite multiple Wales players not clapping either - it's not that much of a reach
The Genge threats are abhorrent and completely wrong.
Post literally says' The Welsh' implying it's lots of Welsh people doing it. Online death threats is a toxic online culture problem not a Wales problem as such. I don't blame all English people when a few of them are knobs.

The Genge threats are abhorrent and completely wrong.
Post literally says' The Welsh' implying it's lots of Welsh people doing it. Online death threats is a toxic online culture problem not a Wales problem as such. I don't blame all English people when a few of them are knobs.
Mike is entirely right here, I'd move off this topic fairly fast

Come on this is a ridiculous post. Can't really say some England fans have covered themselves in glory either.
tenor.gif

Mike is entirely right here, I'd move off this topic fairly fast
Two people associated with the game have had horribly abused enough on social media that they felt it had to be publically spoken about. Which is youtube people I watch are being honest about the **** they get is not what you usually see in the public sphere on twitter or other things as it comes in DM's and other harassment style campaigns.

Now if they are Welsh fans or not is one thing but I really wouldn't be surprised if its the same groups of individuals. So yes whilst it might amusing to speculate I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly got targeted for extreme levels of abuse for it,

Two people associated with the game have had horribly abused enough on social media that they felt it had to be publically spoken about. Which is youtube people I watch are being honest about the **** they get is not what you usually see in the public sphere on twitter or other things as it comes in DM's and other harassment style campaigns.

Now if they are Welsh fans or not is one thing but I really wouldn't be surprised if its the same groups of individuals. So yes whilst it might amusing to speculate I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly got targeted for extreme levels of abuse for it,
This, 100%. I think he'll be targeted no matter what after that performance, this wont help it (or maybe it will) but it'll be there in swathes. Best to avoid social media for him I'd suggest, at least for a while

Getting reported in English speaking media now

I share the Wales Online version because its amusing they have to report it.

Why wouldn't they? It generates clicks.
Way to take the fun out :p

But yeah its more amusing from the perspective of their unquestionably loyal support of the Welsh team no matter how much anything adds up. For example (and this is always hillarious) the time on their player ratings they rated Wales and New Zealand exactly the same (before being spanked yet again).

Way to take the fun out :p

But yeah its more amusing from the perspective of their unquestionably loyal support of the Welsh team no matter how much anything adds up. For example (and this is always hillarious) the time on their player ratings they rated Wales and New Zealand exactly the same (before being spanked yet again).

They obviously do do everything you say a lot of the time but they also, like all other trash tabloids, peddle bullshit and negativity, it will depend on what they think sells best at any given time.

It's no real surprise, as I say they're a tabloid, and Wales is a very small country that lives and breaths Rugby.

Having said that they do occasionally have some ok pieces on there.

I almost find it funny how pathetic these toxic social media cretins are. Imagine how **** your life must be that you get satisfaction at sending basically anonymous messages to celebrities who did something you didn't like?

Latest posts