• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

When I saw it live it looked forward but the images suggest it was not due to forward motion of players etc. Also Watson is starting to move infield which may alter perception. I also can't believe is that much faster than Watson.
Hope this reply isn't too late. ;)
I've changed my mind, it was forward. Just watched the squidge report on the game

Ah yes, the bastion of level headed commentary
To be fair, I'd say some of the stuff he has done recently has been pretty balanced given everyone is biased towards their own side, even if they try not to be.

So if the rescheduled France Scotland match does take place on the 26th that kind of takes the shine off what could potentially have been a Grand Slam decider when France take on Wales ( If France and Wales win their next match)... Personally I would like to see the France Scotland match being brought forward to the 20th and then France Wales finishing the tournament on the 26th of March. One issue with that of course would be player release, I also feel that France are getting away with breaking the Covid rules with no punishment in any shape or form, fair play to Wales when Josh Adams broke the rules he was punished with a two match ban.

So if the rescheduled France Scotland match does take place on the 26th that kind of takes the shine off what could potentially have been a Grand Slam decider when France take on Wales ( If France and Wales win their next match)... Personally I would like to see the France Scotland match being brought forward to the 20th and then France Wales finishing the tournament on the 26th of March. One issue with that of course would be player release, I also feel that France are getting away with breaking the Covid rules with no punishment in any shape or form, fair play to Wales when Josh Adams broke the rules he was punished with a two match ban.
You seem to forget Scotland are playing Italy on the 20th

Well spotted, but it still doesn't take away the fact that France are going unpunished.
You lose sight of if France beat Wales then a championship decider, possibly 3 way, would occur on the 26th.

If Scotland beat Ireland and Italy then they are in the hunt for the championship as well.

If Wales win then Scotland and France could well be battling for second place

You lose sight of if France beat Wales then a championship decider, possibly 3 way, would occur on the 26th.

If Scotland beat Ireland and Italy then they are in the hunt for the championship as well.

If Wales win then Scotland and France could well be battling for second place
I did say if France and Wales win their next fixtures, they are the only sides that are still in the running for a Grand Slam

I did say if France and Wales win their next fixtures, they are the only sides that are still in the running for a Grand Slam
You missed my point

I wasn't talking about a slam they are the only two in it now anyway. I'm talking about how the scene could change if France beat Wales

You missed my point

I wasn't talking about a slam they are the only two in it now anyway. I'm talking about how the scene could change if France beat Wales
You missed my point

Yes I missed your point because I was talking about the slam in my original post..

So what? Surely in both instances, it's up to the referee to make the right decision, not for the player to not try it? I don't believe anyone is criticising Dan Biggar for being aware and putting in the the kick, so why should Farrell be any different?

We criticise the ref for his decision making, not Biggar for taking advantage of it
In response others are criticising Farrell for taking advantage of a similar bit of poor decision making by the ref.

That is the difference between the 2. Taking advantage of an unfair situation when it is to your benefit doesn't make you a hypocrite for then complaining it is wrong when the reverse happens. When have you ever seen a player protest a wrong decision that was in their favour? They don't they keep quiet. Does that make them all hypocrites when they protest when it goes against them?

Latest posts