• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs Ireland (07/02/21)

I thought AWJ's only super powers was turning invisible to the ref whilst lying on the wrong side of a ruck.

Good Old Wayne Barnes pinged him for that on Sunday. The scamp.

Was funny watching him backtrack on the red card though.

Itoje, as I'm constantly reminded by Englishman and the media, is the best player in the world, nay, the best player that has ever lived.

Even against Scotland where he was very average you get people singing his praises.
And a penalty machine against Scotland

And a penalty machine against Scotland
How many penalties did he have against him? Because after the first 20mins I though Price was going to see him coming at him in his nightmares. In fact he was one of the few players after the first half that had played well for England.

My (very belated) thoughts. The result was disappointing, but we haven't beaten Wales in Cardiff since 2013, we played more than three quarters of the game with 14 men and nearly won it. We eventually went behind when the team got tired from playing at such a high level for so long with 14 men. We were gifted an opportunity to get back into it when Davies bafflingly decided to kick it away when the clock was still live, and then were gifted a penalty when the clock was in the red, which Billy Burns ****** up, but we weren't guaranteed a try from the lineout if he'd made touch. It was a chance, but only a chance. You guys are way too negative. If we can play like that and come so close with 14 men away from home, we can do much better at home with 15.

As for the red card, forward play has always been about the "dark arts" that they got away with because the referee couldn't see everything. POM's an old-school back-row forward and he's used to that. But now we've got TMO, the referee can see absolutely anything and will send you off. Players are just going to have to learn to play without that ****.

As for Billy Burns, yeah he ****** up, and yeah he's not in Sexton's league, but he's still the best 10 in the squad if Sexton's not fit. Sexton seemed totally lucid in the post match press conferences so I'd expect him to pass the return to play protocols, but if by chance he doesn't, you gotta back your player. Unless his confidence in training has completely collapsed, you have to start Burns and give him a chance to show what he's made of.

Harry Byrne? Give the guy a chance. He's being hyped up beyond reason, not because of anything he's actually done, but just because of our paucity of options at his position. If big bro Ross plays ahead of him at Leinster, but hasn't been convincing at international level, how likely is it that wee bro Harry is the messiah who's going to save us all? Maybe he's the future, maybe not, but people are heaping too much expectation on his shoulders too soon. You can ruin a promising player that way.

And man of the match was Robbie Henshaw, he was immense, at centre, flanker, and briefly at out-half.

Same teqm as last week is rumour except Ryan out, Henderson in, Ruddock in at 6 and Billy Burns at 10 if Sexton doesn't make it

My (very belated) thoughts. The result was disappointing, but we haven't beaten Wales in Cardiff since 2013, we played more than three quarters of the game with 14 men and nearly won it. We eventually went behind when the team got tired from playing at such a high level for so long with 14 men. We were gifted an opportunity to get back into it when Davies bafflingly decided to kick it away when the clock was still live, and then were gifted a penalty when the clock was in the red, which Billy Burns ****** up, but we weren't guaranteed a try from the lineout if he'd made touch. It was a chance, but only a chance. You guys are way too negative. If we can play like that and come so close with 14 men away from home, we can do much better at home with 15.

As for the red card, forward play has always been about the "dark arts" that they got away with because the referee couldn't see everything. POM's an old-school back-row forward and he's used to that. But now we've got TMO, the referee can see absolutely anything and will send you off. Players are just going to have to learn to play without that ****.

As for Billy Burns, yeah he ****** up, and yeah he's not in Sexton's league, but he's still the best 10 in the squad if Sexton's not fit. Sexton seemed totally lucid in the post match press conferences so I'd expect him to pass the return to play protocols, but if by chance he doesn't, you gotta back your player. Unless his confidence in training has completely collapsed, you have to start Burns and give him a chance to show what he's made of.

Harry Byrne? Give the guy a chance. He's being hyped up beyond reason, not because of anything he's actually done, but just because of our paucity of options at his position. If big bro Ross plays ahead of him at Leinster, but hasn't been convincing at international level, how likely is it that wee bro Harry is the messiah who's going to save us all? Maybe he's the future, maybe not, but people are heaping too much expectation on his shoulders too soon. You can ruin a promising player that way.

And man of the match was Robbie Henshaw, he was immense, at centre, flanker, and briefly at out-half.
Yeah the paucity of fly-halves for Ireland is a real issue. Before his sacking, it looked like Paddy Jackson was gonna be the future. And what about Jack Carty?

Latest posts