Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 7.05pm (NZ)

Saturday 27th February 2021
1614177915338.png 1614177960797.png 1614177972532.png

Venue: Sky Stadium
Time: 7.05pm (NZ)

Last edited:
Predictions:
Highlanders v Crusaders - home team will come out firing but will get pipped at the end.
Hurricanes v Blues - Such a difficult game to call. Will be like last season's game in Wellington. I'm picking my team but this could really go either way. 27-23 Canes win.

I honestly don't understand all the Crusaders hate. I see it like Tom Brady hate. Is the only reason because they win all the time?
Or is it something else? Please enlighten this new SRA fan.

i have to say, really dot know what the Highlanders coaches see in Sio, I want to like him, he's an old boy of my school...but he's a card magnet and offers very little too offset that. most of his tries are from short range and smith has probably put him in a hole. The one thing you need to be to beat the Saders is disciplined as they'll punish an small slip ups...let alone being down a man

With Paea out for the season...gutted...i would have started Collins, he actually has a good try scoring record against the saders but more importantly he's more than likely just going to do his job and not loose it for us

Can't believe rugby is back already. I missed that the 6 nations was happening too (that has happened many times before, mind has switched to cricket at this time of year).

anyway, I can't say I watched these games with the same intent I usually do and actually only saw the second half of the first one, but not too many surprises, pretty messy games as might be expected first up.

enjoyed asafo
furiously annoyed as usual with Kirifi whose average super rugby game is absolutely terrible, he gives so many penalties away. He's brilliant when he manages his discipline, like in the last few games of super rugby last year, but that's a rarity for him.
Ardie better at 7, where he played In The first half, who didn't know that.
Umaga jensen is the real deal
Garden bachop, sorry I should clarify I mean Jackson, continues to improve
The blues have a ridiculous forward pack, including the bench.
The crusaders, via mounga, know how to suck mental energy from the opposition, eg by putting them back deep in their half after withstanding an onslaught.
I'm hoping the canes, landers, and chiefs can up their game because it could easily be a two horse race otherwise.

I think it's already a safe bet that the Crusaders will win the ***le yet again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can't believe rugby is back already. I missed that the 6 nations was happening too (that has happened many times before, mind has switched to cricket at this time of year).

anyway, I can't say I watched these games with the same intent I usually do and actually only saw the second half of the first one, but not too many surprises, pretty messy games as might be expected first up.

enjoyed asafo
furiously annoyed as usual with Kirifi whose average super rugby game is absolutely terrible, he gives so many penalties away. He's brilliant when he manages his discipline, like in the last few games of super rugby last year, but that's a rarity for him.
The crusaders, via mounga, know how to suck mental energy from the opposition, eg by putting them back deep in their half after withstanding an onslaught.
I'm hoping the canes, landers, and chiefs can up their game because it could easily be a two horse race otherwise.
From what I saw this week the Crusaders and the Blues could win all of their games, both home and away, against the landers, canes and Chiefs. Would be unusual for two teams to dominate the other NZ teams in a season but it could happen. with the alert level having gone up in NZ they'll be no crowds in Christchurch. May help the Canes. Clutching at straws a bit and it's only Sunday, dear me. I do believe we have the team to upset the Crusaders but we need to improve massively from yesterday. Come on Canes!!.

enjoyed asafo
If you're talking about Kirifis yellow card I thought that was a harsh call. He was on top of the ball because he thought it was a collapsed maul. And I think I agree with him.

Also what was with refs saying Barretts kick didn't go over? I don't think I've ever seen that before?

Aumua and Ardie were rampaging, I love it.

It was interesting to see the Highlanders persisting with kicking to the corner when their forwards clearly couldn't compete. 7 shots at goal I think they turned down? Not that Hunt was having a great night off the tee.

I hope the Chiefs learn from that. After so many narrow losses last year I wish they would take more shots at goal. I hate the saying "you won't beat whatever team in 3s". That might be true but you also definitely don't beat anyone with botched line outs on the 5 and collapsed mauls.
I'd like to see some scoreboard pressure before they start playing hot potato. I'm not holding my breath though.

If you're talking about Kirifis yellow card I thought that was a harsh call. He was on top of the ball because he thought it was a collapsed maul. And I think I agree with him.

Also what was with refs saying Barretts kick didn't go over? I don't think I've ever seen that before?

Aumua and Ardie were rampaging, I love it.

It was interesting to see the Highlanders persisting with kicking to the corner when their forwards clearly couldn't compete. 7 shots at goal I think they turned down? Not that Hunt was having a great night off the tee.

I hope the Chiefs learn from that. After so many narrow losses last year I wish they would take more shots at goal. I hate the saying "you won't beat whatever team in 3s". That might be true but you also definitely don't beat anyone with botched line outs on the 5 and collapsed mauls.
I'd like to see some scoreboard pressure before they start playing hot potato. I'm not holding my breath though.
Nah not about the yellow, Just several penalties in pretty much every game he plays, including this one. He gives away more penalties than any other super rugby player in the country. I mean, I haven't seen stats but I'd be willing to put money on it.

Naa Barrett's kick went over the upright, has to go between them. I can't see how anyone watching on tv can think they can see better than AR under the post.

Naa Barrett's kick went over the upright, has to go between them. I can't see how anyone watching on tv can think they can see better than AR under the post.
Yeah you're right.
They showed a different angle on the Breakdown.

Latest posts