1619570654313.png
1618959937226.png

1618959946807.png

Venue:Eden Park
Time: 7.05pm
Referee:

Sam Gilbert finally back on the field, he's probably the only real surprise

1619570501176.png

we cant catch the chiefs so fingers crossed they thrash the blues and we beat the canes to get third

even a few rounds into the comp...who would have thought the chiefs would be second?

we cant catch the chiefs so fingers crossed they thrash the blues and we beat the canes to get third

even a few rounds into the comp...who would have thought the chiefs would be second?
Yes, both Chiefs and Force (AU) have been pleasant surprises this year. :cool:

Predictions:
Hurricanes v Highlanders
Blues
v Chiefs

Think the Canes/Landers game will be a cracker. Only pride to play for but I expect loads of points. Both teams will look to entertain. I think the Hurricanes' poor record in tight games will continue. The Highlanders have been better away from home this year than they've been in Dunedin. I think that trend will continue. Would be the first time for many years that the Canes have lost all their home derbies in a season. Highlanders by 6.

The Blues have been bitterly disappointing in the last few weeks and the way they lost against the Crusaders was abysmal. It was like the Blues team that we've watched over the last 7 or 8 years. For them not to make the final is poor with the talent they have. I am though tipping them in this one because with the final spot sewn up, the Chiefs will rest some key players as they should. They can't afford to lose the likes of D-Mac and Vaa'i if they want to cause the upset in Christchurch. Blues by 10.

Predictions:
Hurricanes v Highlanders
Blues
v Chiefs

Think the Canes/Landers game will be a cracker. Only pride to play for but I expect loads of points. Both teams will look to entertain. I think the Hurricanes' poor record in tight games will continue. The Highlanders have been better away from home this year than they've been in Dunedin. I think that trend will continue. Would be the first time for many years that the Canes have lost all their home derbies in a season. Highlanders by 6.

The Blues have been bitterly disappointing in the last few weeks and the way they lost against the Crusaders was abysmal. It was like the Blues team that we've watched over the last 7 or 8 years. For them not to make the final is poor with the talent they have. I am though tipping them in this one because with the final spot sewn up, the Chiefs will rest some key players as they should. They can't afford to lose the likes of D-Mac and Vaa'i if they want to cause the upset in Christchurch. Blues by 10.
as a canes supporter there have been many years they've been a let down. but u know what? if canes play some champagne rugby this weekend then all be forgiven

as a canes supporter there have been many years they've been a let down. but u know what? if canes play some champagne rugby this weekend then all be forgiven
Well I would say we really did!. That was a seriously good performance from the Canes today. we should have won the last two games but today in the second half we were clinical. Hurricanes 41 Highlanders 22 is the full-time score. Landers looked like they were on holiday for most of the match, they never seem to play well after a bye.

I'm putting a lot of that down to the canes having too much firepower from range and our injuries

two guys playing their first games of the season and several other 2nd or 3 choice :(

I thought for sure that the Highlanders would win, but the Hurricanes almost doubled them on the scoreboard. Kudos to the Hurricanes for finishing the season with a victory.

Last edited:
I think the Crusaders will win the Aotearoa Final, but I hope the Chiefs do.

Last edited:

Latest posts