1616533727152.png 1616533743212.png1616534118250.png
Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 7.05pm (NZ)

Saturday 27th March 2021
1616533865073.png 1616533880507.png1616533890851.png

Venue: Waikato Stadium
Time: 7.05pm (NZ)

Predictions:
Highlanders v Hurricanes - The Canes are in a mess and it won't get any better after this game. Highlanders have had the bye and Aaron Smith is equalling Ben Smith's record for most highlanders appearances. Motivation won't be in short supply for the home side. Predicted Score: Highlanders 35 Hurricanes 25.
Chiefs v Blues - can't believe I'm actually predicting a Chiefs win here but their comeback last week will have filled them with confidence. The Blues have got a couple of forwards suspended so I think the Chiefs may squeeze them in the pack. Another plus for the Chiefs is that D-Mac is really hitting his straps now. If he plays well the Chiefs generally play well. Hamilton isn't the Blues' happiest hunting ground and I think they will struggle again on Saturday. Predicted Score: Chiefs 29 Blues 23.

Predictions:
Highlanders v Hurricanes - The Canes are in a mess and it won't get any better after this game. Highlanders have had the bye and Aaron Smith is equalling Ben Smith's record for most highlanders appearances. Motivation won't be in short supply for the home side. Predicted Score: Highlanders 35 Hurricanes 25.
Chiefs v Blues - can't believe I'm actually predicting a Chiefs win here but their comeback last week will have filled them with confidence. The Blues have got a couple of forwards suspended so I think the Chiefs may squeeze them in the pack. Another plus for the Chiefs is that D-Mac is really hitting his straps now. If he plays well the Chiefs generally play well. Hamilton isn't the Blues' happiest hunting ground and I think they will struggle again on Saturday. Predicted Score: Chiefs 29 Blues 23.
Nuggie actually equalled Benders record against the Blues, he becomes our most capped player this week

I dont know, we're without Nareki more than likely and he's been the main weapon, i have a feeling the canes will bounce back

good news is Nareki is avaliable....but they seem to have mixed Ioane and hunt up
1f914.png
maybe this will work better than ioane at 12

good to see Vahaakolo getting a game but CGB has been good so not sure why hes not starting

where the hell is Alaimalo?

Evans starting? where is shelby-ricket?

not confident

1616542661349.png

Pretty sure the Chiefs are going to win every game until the crusaders defeat them in the final. Also calling for Reiko to butcher a game winning try for the Blues.

And I'll pick the Canes in Dunedin. I'll be supporting the Highlanders though obviously. Canes looked dangerous in the first half last weekend and I think they will be raging after letting that game go. I would not be looking forward to trying to tackle Ardie!

Also just want to recommend the Aotearoa Rugby Podcast to anyone that hasn't heard of it. James Parsons and Bryn Hall have excellent analysis and behind the scenes insight. It's on Spotify and sometimes it's on YouTube.

On paper, that team should be capable of beating the Highlanders but we really have not put together an 80 minute performance yet. The only thing that gives me a bit of confidence is that in the last 6 or 7 years we have not had a prolonged period of poor performances. When we have played badly for two or 3 games it hasn't crippled our confidence and we have always bounced back. Hoping for a similarly epic revival on Friday!.

get off your a55es canes and play some hurricanes rugby. not this crap u been playing so far

get off your a55es canes and play some hurricanes rugby. not this crap u been playing so far
The players must have read this forum!. We turned up tonight and so did Jordie Barrett, all 30 points for him. is it a coincidence that we start hitting form when Coles is back in the team?. He just brings that edge and aggression that we have been missing. It would be typical Hurricanes to go on a winning run now. We won 5 in a row last season and we have the ability to do it again.

Full Time: Chiefs 15 Blues 12!. The Chiefs are well and truly back now. from a Hurricanes perspective that was the preferred result tonight. It keeps the Blues in range. We go to Eden Park next weekend... all of a sudden the widely assumed Crusaders v Blues final doesn't look a formality. The Blues have lost two in a row.

I thought Luke Jacobson was immense for the Chiefs last night and one of their best so far this season. Surely has to be in AB contention again this year so long as he stays injury free. Any doubts that Brad Weber is far and away the best 9 behind Aaron Smith?

I thought Luke Jacobson was immense for the Chiefs last night and one of their best so far this season. Surely has to be in AB contention again this year so long as he stays injury free. Any doubts that Brad Weber is far and away the best 9 behind Aaron Smith?
always liked webber, tho i felt his form slipped last year. def on the way back this season tho

Latest posts