Time: 7.05pm (NZ)

Sunday 11th April

1617643895632.png 1617643907433.png1617643916510.png
Venue: Sky Stadium
Time: 3.35pm (NZ)

Winners this week:
Highlanders by 3 points
Crusaders by 24 points

Really looking forward to watching the game in Dunedin on Saturday!. Should be an absolute belter with so much at stake for both sides. The Chiefs are a far superior side to the one that played the Highlanders in Hamilton. I think if the Landers can keep D-Mac quiet they should get home but it will be a very exciting game, loads of points and could go either way. Wouldn't rule out golden point either.

As for the game on Sunday I can see it being one-way traffic. The Crusaders rarely play badly two games in a row. After some harsh words from Razor they will come out with a point to prove. The Hurricanes aren't playing anywhere near well enough to win a game like this, they look well off the pace. This is the poorest run of form that the Canes have had in years. We look short of match-winners at the moment. Even in the 90s and early 200s when we were a mediocre team we still had the likes of Cullen, Lomu and Umaga that if they were on form, could win you a match single-handedly. i don't think the Crusaders will be worried about playing us on Sunday. In the past teams were always a bit edgy about playing the Hurricanes because on our day we could rip anyone apart. Don't see that happening this Sunday, I think Crusaders 13+ is a banker.

We're not known for stringing wins together so i really dont know, will be very interesting when they name out team, will we stick with largely the same as last week?

We're not known for stringing wins together so i really dont know, will be very interesting when they name out team, will we stick with largely the same as last week?
I think you should pick the same team injuries permitting. Keep the consistency from last week. This game is such a difficult one to call. As a neutral the heart says Landers, the head says it's really a 50-50 fixture. This game has a "grand-final eliminator" feeling about it.

I think you should pick the same team injuries permitting. Keep the consistency from last week. This game is such a difficult one to call. As a neutral the heart says Landers, the head says it's really a 50-50 fixture. This game has a "grand-final eliminator" feeling about it.
so do i but brownie has been all over the place with selections this year, sticking with people like sio who has struggled and chopping and changing people that had been playing well

I'd like to hear something about Umaga-jensen, went off with a ****le but havent heard anything since, if he's injured i wouldn;t mind seeing Gilbert in the midfield, he plays better there for northland and thats tackle on the weekend shows the kind of steel we could do in the midfield

so do i but brownie has been all over the place with selections this year, sticking with people like sio who has struggled and chopping and changing people that had been playing well

I'd like to hear something about Umaga-jensen, went off with a ****le but havent heard anything since, if he's injured i wouldn;t mind seeing Gilbert in the midfield, he plays better there for northland and thats tackle on the weekend shows the kind of steel we could do in the midfield
With regards to Tony Brown, the phrase "stumbled across a winning formula" springs to mind. Can't deny that he got the tactics spot on last week though!.

bugger, TUJ out for the season and Fakatava out for this game....i was a little excited but less so now, i imagine we'll see Sio straight back in at 12

looking forward to Boshier's return. shouldve been an AB already

seriously...what dont i see in sio? at least hes at 13, maybe with a little more space he can do something

will have to check if collins picked up a ****le, hope gregory has a good game at 12, build on last week

1617844175701.png

FT: Highlanders 23 Chiefs 26 - McKenzie kicks winning penalty in golden point after it was 23 all after 80 minutes!. I think the better team won that to be honest. The Highlanders seemed to be hanging on for a lot of the game.

FT: Highlanders 23 Chiefs 26 - McKenzie kicks winning penalty in golden point after it was 23 all after 80 minutes!. I think the better team won that to be honest. The Highlanders seemed to be hanging on for a lot of the game.
You think? Haven't watched it yet but everything I've seen so far suggest it was the other way, hunt leaving 10-12 point out there, should have been a comfortable win if he had kicked like last week

You think? Haven't watched it yet but everything I've seen so far suggest it was the other way, hunt leaving 10-12 point out there, should have been a comfortable win if he had kicked like last week
Well that didn't help for sure. I think the Chiefs looked better on attack for the first hour but when Josh Ioane came on at 12 the Highlanders livened up in attack. It could be one of those games that if i watched again, I would maybe think differently. That happens to me quite often, I'll watch a game and form an opinion then I'll re-watch it and think something completely different. One thing I can say is that the Highlanders were off it with the little details in their game, unlike last week when they nailed everything.

don't think I like the golden point/extra time

a draw is a result, a couple of points each would have had a more interesting result on the table than another saders win :(

don't want to blame royguard, pretty tough to be thrown in to the deep end like that but his lack of experience or ability, I don't really know which, had a big impact on the game. His passes were too slow, ultimately resulting in whitelock winning a turnover penalty. Then he made a bad decision leading to another turnover. Then his poor kick led to a charge down at the end. Pretty hard when you lose TJ then two of your three next best halfbacks.

In general hurricanes were really good apart from the lineout. Ardie was as good as he is every time he plays seven.

why the Canes gave away the wind when they were going to be receiving the kick is beyond me, really put themselves on the back foot

Latest posts