Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 7.05pm (NZ)
Referee: Brendon Pickerill

Saturday 17th April

1618345645469.png 1618345669500.png1618345684975.png
Venue: Waikato Stadium
Time: 7.05pm (NZ)
Referee: Mike Fraser

Well I think the fans in Hamilton will get a decent game with Mike Fraser as referee. I know everyone has different opinions but I think he's a pretty good official normally. Pleased he's got the gig for that one. As for the Highlanders v Blues game, I'm sure Pickerill is a secret Blues fan with how he referees them normally, good luck Highlanders, you'll need it - I'll be rooting for you though.

Anyway Predictions:
Blues by 9
Chiefs by 3

I really want to be wrong on Friday because the Blues have got right on my nerves this season, especially the moron who runs their Twitter account. His mocking tweets about the Canes after the game the other week just grated. Yes the Hurricanes have been poor this season but we're going to win the same as the Blues will - nothing. Would love the Highlanders to shut them up this week but I think the Blues will do it, freshness and Pickerill will get them home.

I really fancy the Chiefs on Saturday, the big players are stepping up and the Crusaders all of a sudden don't look as invincible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs won by more than a score, their pack can definitely match the Crusaders and Hamilton is never easy for the Saders, it's always a battle for them.

Last edited:
back to having no idea how we'll do...might depend on which Mitch Hunt turns up

also, this is the third week in a row we've played a team coming off a bye, i know the old line is teams struggle coming off a bye...but i dont know how accurate that is, three rested teams in a row might account for out growing injury list

Connor Garden-Bachop, has been ruled out for the season after breaking his wrist, PPP also unavailable due to injury, jesus that sucks

Season ending injuries: Jermaine Ainsley (ankle), Fetuli Paea (ankle), Freedom Vaahakalo (foot), Folau Fakatava (knee), Thomas Umaga-Jensen (wrist), Connor Garden-Bachop (wrist), Liam Squire (knee).

1618360776390.png

Connor Garden-Bachop, has been ruled out for the season after breaking his wrist, PPP also unavailable due to injury, jesus that sucks

Season ending injuries: Jermaine Ainsley (ankle), Fetuli Paea (ankle), Freedom Vaahakalo (foot), Folau Fakatava (knee), Thomas Umaga-Jensen (wrist), Connor Garden-Bachop (wrist), Liam Squire (knee).

View attachment 10593
The Highlanders have really got it in the neck with injuries this season. In a way though this is when they are at their most dangerous, no-one will expect them to beat the Blues. You were written off in Christchurch and you won. Considering the injuries the bench looks OK, particularly the forwards. wouldn't surprise me if the Landers won on Friday, the underdog status suits you.

I'm not so optimistic, in my mind collins needs to start or not play, he's not going to turn a game around on his own

We weren't given a shot against the saders because it's the saders...but since then we've had 4-5 season ending injuries to first stringers

Ow that the hurricanes are out of it, I can't decide what to hope for. There's still a small chance if the blues win all thei games except against the chiefs, and the chiefs win all their games, the crusaders lose all theirs, that the crusaders won't make it. But that would mean the canes would have to lose against the blues.

Ow that the hurricanes are out of it, I can't decide what to hope for. There's still a small chance if the blues win all thei games except against the chiefs, and the chiefs win all their games, the crusaders lose all theirs, that the crusaders won't make it. But that would mean the canes would have to lose against the blues.
Small chance is right that the Crusaders will lose all of theirs. A very, very small chance. :D Although I would love it if they did.

Last edited:
I'm not so optimistic, in my mind collins needs to start or not play, he's not going to turn a game around on his own

We weren't given a shot against the saders because it's the saders...but since then we've had 4-5 season ending injuries to first stringers
i told you!. Highlanders 35 Blues 29 Full Time!. What a win Landers, fantastic stuff. The arrogant ones got put back in their place, love it!!.

Small chance is right that the Crusaders will lose all of theirs. A very, very small chance. :D Although I would love it if they did.
And now it can no longer happen, the hope is over. On the plus side it was because the highlanders played well.

gotta love the highlanders attack if the last few years. Fast and with beautiful passing from ione smith and hunt. It's just so good to watch.

but Tomkinson continues to stuff things up.

And now it can no longer happen, the hope is over. On the plus side it was because the highlanders played well.

gotta love the highlanders attack if the last few years. Fast and with beautiful passing from ione smith and hunt. It's just so good to watch.

but Tomkinson continues to stuff things up.
He just charges out of the line ever time and only converts maybe one a game

would like to see Gregory and Collins assuming Gregory is ok

He just charges out of the line ever time and only converts maybe one a game

would like to see Gregory and Collins assuming Gregory is ok
yeah or punivai comes into midfield and alaimalo comes onto the wing ( or is he injured?). I wouldn't mind seeing nehe too; I know he's not what he was but he could do well within the highlanders gameplan as despite losing his stepping ability and pace he will still be sharp for opportunities and run good angles with good timing (like collins does).

yeah or punivai comes into midfield and alaimalo comes onto the wing ( or is he injured?). I wouldn't mind seeing nehe too; I know he's not what he was but he could do well within the highlanders gameplan as despite losing his stepping ability and pace he will still be sharp for opportunities and run good angles with good timing (like collins does).
Would be happy with any of those

they haven't said what the deal with alaimalo is other than say he was sick rather than injured a few weeks ago

...normally I'd be happy to have so many landers in a "xv"

What's the reason/story with 'landers fans wearing KFC buckets on their heads?

Latest posts