• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2021 Super Rugby Aotearoa - The Final (Saturday 8th May)

I think the Chiefs have got a forward pack that can match the Crusaders. If the Chiefs are going to win then they have to get two things right: Set Piece and discipline. If they can keep the penalty count into single digits they have a great chance. I think the Chiefs have a good shot in this, the Crusaders after a bye are notoriously rusty. Just hope the Chiefs are within a score with 20 minutes to go, then we've got a proper game on. I'm going Chiefs by 6, that may be heart ruling head!.

Anybody know how you can stream this in the US. I thought it was on ESPN, but it is not listed there. Only Rainbow Cup games.

Anybody know how you can stream this in the US. I thought it was on ESPN, but it is not listed there. Only Rainbow Cup games.
Super Rugby hasn't been streamed on ESPN all season (they ended their contract, at least for this year). I saw it mentioned in a Super Rugby email that I got this week that the game it will be on YouTube (in some areas). Check Super Rugby on YouTube at the time the game is played and you might be able to see it. They streamed a couple of other games this year on YouTube but I wasn't able to watch them live. I'm in southern California, but I guess it's not in one of "those areas". You might be, so give it a try. Good luck!

Last edited:
In
I think the Chiefs have got a forward pack that can match the Crusaders. If the Chiefs are going to win then they have to get two things right: Set Piece and discipline. If they can keep the penalty count into single digits they have a great chance. I think the Chiefs have a good shot in this, the Crusaders after a bye are notoriously rusty. Just hope the Chiefs are within a score with 20 minutes to go, then we've got a proper game on. I'm going Chiefs by 6, that may be heart ruling head!.
in particular the lineout will have to function. Taukeiaho is the worst thrower in the comp and they're up against the likes of whitelock and Barrett.

the chiefs scrum has been very good in the last half of the comp, both the starters and the finishers, and depending on whether the crusaders have identified weaknesses, they might even take the advantage here - at least with their reserve scrum.

around the field their starting front row us very good too, but then the crusaders have Taylor.

Obviously the crusaders are way ahead in the locking department, but the chiefs might have the edge in the loose forwards.

overall the crusaders backs are a bit better, with quite a few all blacks including Reece and bridge coming back into form. and how's about ennor getting his first game of the season in the final!

the chiefs I think can win if they can manage to play fast rugby despite the nerves of a final.

Best game of the season so far. The skills are coming out. Too often you see super rugby finals where at least one team can't handle the pressure, but this one is just confident players excelling under pressure.

Hmm, disappointing. Chiefs should have gone for a try when they got the second yellow, and probably needed to do less contestable kicking against bridge and Jordan, bad tactic there.

I'm also not convinced of those last two scrum penalties or a few other decisions toward the end there like the lienert brown apparent knock on.

I won't mind if mounga plays like that for the all blacks though. Havili must be close to the all blacks 23 too

Hmm, disappointing. Chiefs should have gone for a try when they got the second yellow, and probably needed to do less contestable kicking against bridge and Jordan, bad tactic there.

I'm also not convinced of those last two scrum penalties or a few other decisions toward the end there like the lienert brown apparent knock on.
Thought there were few calls that could have gone either way throughout the match, same as any match really. All in all it was reffed ok, although I think they created a cross for their own backs in ruling the first 'high' shot. It was fairly innocuous and just meant even a slight hand contact to the face or head had to be called later in the game.

Anyway, great game and congratulations to the Crusaders and commiserations to the Chiefs.

Latest posts