• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I can imagine if we go down to the champ, we will try and hold onto Porter.

TBH it sounds like a lot of lads want to stay if we are in the champ and can figure out budgeting/finances. I'm trying to get a true estimate on our finances and debt etc. £100m has been thrown about but depending on the sale of the stadium etc, there's a lot of confusion.
It is unlikely that anyone will give an accurate estimate of the finances. And they'll make a mess of it on purpose, to make it harder to figure out :D

Sinckler signed a 1yr extension at Bristol, as well

1yr is a weird one - guess it removes the stress of moving house(/country) while also training for/playing in a RWC

It's not yet confirmed, but John Ryan will be announced by Munster in a short term. Makes perfect sense given Archer needs ankle surgery and Wasps are..... Well you know.

I was sour we let him go in the first place to be honest, although I do think Knox should be first choice still.

I'm pleased they've found a new home, but …

How are Bath managing to fit Hill and Lawrence under the cap? If they're long term deals as they've been described, they can't be covered by injury dispensation.

Even if Bath might have been under the cap at the start of the season, Hill and Lawrence would surely have been too expensive to just slip in? It's possible they could have taken cut price deals, but why would they commit to those on a long term basis? Surely it would have been better for them to take shorter contracts and put themselves in high demand?

Can only assume that it's a pittance for now, but a nice long, well rewarded package to start in the summer.
Hopefully it's also been run past the salary cap commissioner first.

There may be some allowance for long-term injuries (eg Ewels) being ruled out for the season, and removing their salary from the cap.

OK, but didn't you already get Quinn Roux in for Ewels?

I was under the impression that was injury dispensation, rather than Ewels salary removed from cap

Either way - I'm hypothesising, I don't run Bath's recruitment.
Whatever the answer, I repeat that I hope we've run it past the salary cap commissioner first.

Latest posts