• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Exeter have signed former Wasps academy players Alfie Bell, Greg Fisilau and Immanuel Feyi-Waboso.

Anyone know anything about these 3?

Hell fit in at Chiefs then, lock, flank or no.8
Out and out lock, the lad's 6'8. Fisilau is a handy, powerful No.8 who isn't massively dissimilar in playing style to Simmonds, although he is noticeably larger but slower.

Feyi-Waboso is a centre/winger who scored a screamer in the Prem Cup at the start of the season; has ridiculous wheels and is pretty explosive. Looked like he was about to start getting some fairly regular game time in the Prem for Wasps before they went under. He's who I'm really excited for.

Out and out lock, the lad's 6'8. Fisilau is a handy, powerful No.8 who isn't massively dissimilar in playing style to Simmonds, although he is noticeably larger but slower.

Feyi-Waboso is a centre/winger who scored a screamer in the Prem Cup at the start of the season; has ridiculous wheels and is pretty explosive. Looked like he was about to start getting some fairly regular game time in the Prem for Wasps before they went under. He's who I'm really excited for.
Good bit of business then, if Nowell and Simmonds are off at the end of the season, though i still feel bad for wasps and wuss fans seeing posts like this.

Wasps and Worcester players yet to find a new club so far
Cruse
Oghre
Harris
McCallum
Martinez
West
Owlett
Cardell
Kitchener
Luanchbury (Rumoured Japan)
Stooke
Alfie (rumoured Sarries, Bath or France)
Jack Willis (Rumoured Toulouse, Saints, Tigers or Bristol)
Kvesic
Robson (Rumoured Pau)
Hayden-Wood
Williams
Umaga
Hartley
Odendaal
Butler
Spink
Kibirige
Hougaard
Dowe
Johnson
Humphreys

Interesting English players not linked to anyone I guess are
Cruse
Oghre
West
Stooke
Kvesic
Hayden Wood
Umaga
Hartley
Spink
Kibirige

also Free Agent Yarde is with the barbarians

All 3 have been heavily involved with first team and regularly played in the Prem Cup. Waboso was highly touted and a big loss for Wales when he left. Bell and Fisilau both England U20s and were extremely useful. Fisilau was touted for Sarries at one point and is a relation of Vunipola's.

To link them to ex/players from Exeter.
Feyi-Waboso, very much in the mould of Nowell, O'Flaherty and Woodburn. Quick and powerful winger with wicked feet.

Bell, very much Hill replacement. Big tall boy who if he continues growing/putting on weight will be a big strong tall boy. Look very good in the lineout and was getting better round the pitch.

Fisilau, Simmonds esque although may not be as quick his dynamism is electric. Would run through brick walls and will tackle anything plus unbelievable engine.

These ones hurt, as they would all be prominent figures in any rebuild we would try to do. Still have Ma'asi White, Cripps, Hardwick, Hartley, Kuceka, Monye, Eckersley still floating about.

Wasps and Worcester players yet to find a new club so far
Cruse - Coventry/Coaching or Wasps Rebuild if happens
Oghre - Bath
Harris - Newcastle/Champ
McCallum - Edinburgh
Martinez - France
West - Saints
Owlett - Retire to RPA/ Wasps Rebuild ? (he's in the Wasps Legend club)
Cardell - Gloucester
Kitchener - Champ/Japan
Lanchbury (Rumoured Japan) - Japan then Quins
Stooke - Bath
Alfie (rumoured Sarries, Bath or France) - Sarries
Jack Willis (Rumoured Toulouse, Saints, Tigers or Bristol) - Tigers
Kvesic -
Robson (Rumoured Pau) - France
Hayden-Wood - Newcastle/Wasps Rebuild?
Williams - Wales
Umaga - NZ
Hartley - Quins/Wasps Rebuild?
Odendaal - Glaws or SA rugby
Butler - Ireland
Spink - Sale/Wasps Rebuild?
Kibirige - France/Japan
Hougaard - France/Japan/SA Rugby
Dowe - Champ
Johnson - Back to Champ
Humphreys - Champ

Interesting English players not linked to anyone I guess are
Cruse
Oghre
West
Stooke
Kvesic
Hayden Wood
Umaga
Hartley
Spink
Kibirige

also Free Agent Yarde is with the barbarians
Fun prediction time as not having a club to support is like having toothache.

Linked above.
Others forgotten include:

Tom Willis - Bath/Saints
Millar Mills - Champ/Wasps Rebuild
Mehson - Champ/Wasps Rebuild
Wolstenholme - Champ/Wasps Rebuild

Fun prediction time as not having a club to support is like having toothache.

Linked above.
Others forgotten include:

Tom Willis - Bath/Saints
Millar Mills - Champ/Wasps Rebuild
Mehson - Champ/Wasps Rebuild
Wolstenholme - Champ/Wasps Rebuild
Anymore news on the wasps sale? All gone a bit quiet?

Anymore news on the wasps sale? All gone a bit quiet?
Nothing as of yet. I'd imagine we are going through the process of confirming with RFU that we have 5 year plan, checking finances, figuring out where we will play etc.

Do think it's funny that RFU puts new potential owners under strain but couldn't really give two hoots about the demise of Wuss and Wasps. Wasps was mostly a risk gone wrong but Wuss owners crippled them and RFU did nothing.

Exeter have signed former Wasps academy players Alfie Bell, Greg Fisilau and Immanuel Feyi-Waboso.

Anyone know anything about these 3?
Not sure I've ever seen him play, but if Fisilau runs his weight like his father did, he's a real prospect. Father was a real pocket battleship.

Bath making a crazy number of signings

Wasn't expecting him before July TBH.
Presumably officially in the academy, and thus outside the cap, for this year at least.

Am I right I thinking there's no overall cap for academy, just a maximum any player can be paid before having to count as senior for cap purposes?

No surprise that Bath we're going to make a tonne of signings though. Any new coach taking over a table-bottoming side will look for a big turnover.

Am I right I thinking there's no overall cap for academy, just a maximum any player can be paid before having to count as senior for cap purposes?
Just had a quick google and the academy cap is £200k,
Players have to be 16-24 on the 1st September of that season and be paid <£50k

Barbeary signed a long term deal at Wasps during the 20/21 season, I presume that was a senior deal - can't see him committing long term to <£50k a year

Latest posts