• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Seems like Sale might be interested in Cowan-Dickie
If you read what axe said it very much feels like a journo asking if he'd be interested and him saying "who wouldn't be?"

No way we'd be able afford him unless his value has been drastically drastically slashed and at that point he'd have his pick of the clubs because who wouldn't want a b&i lion on 50k

He did basically confirm that Latu has signed for Montpellier though, on twice what we had offered (so LCD would need to take a 50% paycut to join us, probably more as I reckon Montpellier would've paid LCD more than Latu)

Great pick up by Cov, really happy to see him find a club

Get in!

Hugh O'Sullivan ---> Newcastle Falcons
Who O'Sullivan?

Looking at wikipedia he's either been incredibly injured or at 25 he's not good enough to play for Irish. Newcastle really seem to be building a budget team.

Such Brilliant news for the club. I can't see promotion being a thing anytime soon (even a possible thing) but i'd like to think that its hopeful one day. Especially now Wasps have done one.

Who O'Sullivan?

Looking at wikipedia he's either been incredibly injured or at 25 he's not good enough to play for Irish. Newcastle really seem to be building a budget team.

Possibly the most successful Leinster school's rugby player ever as well as a damning indictment of our ability to develop 9s. Believe he was regularly injured but yeah far from the superstar it was hoped he would become.

Such Brilliant news for the club. I can't see promotion being a thing anytime soon (even a possible thing) but i'd like to think that its hopeful one day. Especially now Wasps have done one.
Imagine all the Coventry Wasps fans coming to watch Coventry? I have seen a few down the Butts. Possible ground share with City! 😂😂😂 Oh the irony

Who O'Sullivan?

Rent seeking 101. Secure revenue minimize spending.

1. Australie
    Monty IOANE, Ailier, 28 ans Rebels (AUS) is transferred to Lyon 2 ans, soit jusqu'en 2025.
  2. 1684908213380.png Nepo LAULALA Pilier, 31 ans Blues (NZ) is transferred to Toulouse 2 ans, soit jusqu'en 2025.

So Ioane gets a very very early release from his Benetton contract because he wants to move back to Australia....does one season there then signs for the big bucks in France
Nice

Imagine all the Coventry Wasps fans coming to watch Coventry? I have seen a few down the Butts. Possible ground share with City! 😂😂😂 Oh the irony
I think Wasps attempt to engage armchair fans might have mobilised a few extra Rugby fans. And Coventry is a decent rugby city with a fair bit of heritage that wasn't celebrated enough and lead to Covs downfall. Hopefully we get a few more down the Butts next season.

Falcons leavers confirmed...a few surprises...

Conrad Cade,
Connor Collett,
Matthew Dalton,
Carl Fearns,
Gary Graham,
Conor Kenny,
Pete Lucock,
Tom Marshall,
Logovi'i Mulipola,
Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti,
Greg Peterson,
Sean Robinson,
Alex Tait,
Will Welch
Michael Young

The squad has been totally changed.

Props and 9s do raise a few concerns...

Be interested to see where Fearns goes - he said on twitter he's not retiring. Maybe Caldy? He's from Liverpool

Yeah..he's actually played well generally.
Falcons are just going for a complete change.

Codling has been involved for quite a while apparently and clearly he must have decided to many fringe players not good enough or certainly injury prone and a lot of academy players must be deemed ready...

Yeah..he's actually played well generally.
Falcons are just going for a complete change.

Codling has been involved for quite a while apparently and clearly he must have decided to many fringe players not good enough or certainly injury prone and a lot of academy players must be deemed ready...
Or with no relegation they are just spending as little as possible as they arnt going to win anything nor get relegated so might as well just save some money.

Or with no relegation they are just spending as little as possible as they arnt going to win anything nor get relegated so might as well just save some money.

Pretty much
Letting McGuigan and Davidson go mid season proved it really.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for a Top 14 team to offer some money for their argentines as well.

Latest posts