• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Lyon? Isn't he coming from the Giltinis?
he left mid-season cause his kid was gonna be born in LA and he wanted to be there. He struggled to crack the lineup at Lyon but will be interesting to see how Leicester goes. Flipped from TH back to hooker for the most recent qualification window.

I wonder if this is an indication of him opting out of the LCQ.

No steward...
Reaction GIF by moodman

Not a particularly well known player or piece of news but in the background Wasps have confirmd that Corbin Thunder has joined Wasps senior academy as hooker/flanker.

Gonna put it out there, its a cracking name that.

"Following a similar path to Barbeary"
Why even mention he plays hooker then 😮‍💨

Pretty funny how Bristol spent all this money bringing in South African players to their academy then had to cut them loose cause of an accounting eff up in the senior side

Not a particularly well known player or piece of news but in the background Wasps have confirmd that Corbin Thunder has joined Wasps senior academy as hooker/flanker.

Gonna put it out there, its a cracking name that.

You cant have that name and not be good! Do player often transfer academies? Did he jump or was he pushed?

Do player often transfer academies? Did he jump or was he pushed?
It's not unheard of, though not massively common - sometimes it's due to them moving school/university (i.e. Alex Mitchell moved from Sale to Northampton when he switched schools for Sixth Form, I think Mako going from Bristol to Saracens was because his Mom got a job in London - not sure if he signed a senior contract outright though, was 19/20 at the time but very highly rated), sometimes for money (Umaga from Tigers --> Wasps) and sometimes because they're released (which is I think the case with the Bristol players - Alex Groves and Ben Bamber were both released by Bristol last season, and we signed both to our academy)

James Gaskell confirmed by the Shokki Shuttles - same club Burns was at and Josh Matavesi is currently at

Shame
For next year (I'm assuming it's a typo saying for 2023-24).
Must be time to rename the thread. First confirmation for next year, rumours already around of Watson to Saracens, and the DuPreezs to Bath

Also if you are Jack Clement bit of a kick in the teeth. Think you are just about done with Morgan and Ackerman at flanker and Mercer turns up 😭

Latest posts