• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Willis confirmed by Toulouse

Irish sign Argentina's Ignacio Ruiz with immediate effect,
Newcastle release George Merrick who moves to France (no club announced yet)

Willis confirmed by Toulouse

That's a great move. I'm a big fan of the benefits of broadening horizons beyond the Premiership. A top club and just a general great life experience too.

With the added bonus that he'll know exactly how to hunt down DuPont and N'tamack in the RWC final. (which he'll have to share with whichever lock is playing ahead of him in the 6 shirt…..).

Bet they got him on a very reasonable rate after he did an interview last week saying he'd turned down offers abroad because he wants to stay in the UK to qualify for a passport down the line

Will Rowlands --> Racing Metro

Wales need to amend Gatland's law sharpish or they're not gonna be able to field a side in the World Cup,
Have heard there are like 5(?) other internationals out of contract who have not been offered a contract so are now looking abroad

I could be completely inventing this but I'm sure that there was a clause in Gatland's law that said that if a Welsh region didn't offer you a contract and you went to play abroad then you were still eligible to play for Wales?

I think it was Thomas Young who was able to keep playing at Wasps and still be eligible for so long because no Welsh region offered him a contract when his Wasps contract ended.

I guess it depends whether they consider it not offering or not offering one fast enough - WRU have frozen region's payments until they've done the budget or whatever it is they need to do,
They'll probably say Rowlands was being too impatient and they were on the cusp of offering him a new central contract or something

I guess it depends whether they consider it not offering or not offering one fast enough - WRU have frozen region's payments until they've done the budget or whatever it is they need to do,
They'll probably say Rowlands was being too impatient and they were on the cusp of offering him a new central contract or something
Honestly he's prob happy jumping ship with all that's going on. A season earning more money and improving as a player then coming back a better player. Hoping they let him play still as he's a good player but how much ******* around can the players take. I dont 100% know the situation tbh but seeks bad over there.

Honestly he's prob happy jumping ship with all that's going on. A season earning more money and improving as a player then coming back a better player. Hoping they let him play still as he's a good player but how much ******* around can the players take. I dont 100% know the situation tbh but seeks bad over there.
I dunno, there's a very good chance he won't be eligible to play in the world cup now

In another situation you are probably right, but do you not think the fact that wales are very thin on the ground they are far less likely to argue semantics untill the WC has passed?

I could be completely inventing this but I'm sure that there was a clause in Gatland's law that said that if a Welsh region didn't offer you a contract and you went to play abroad then you were still eligible to play for Wales?
I might be imagining things, but I think I read that he turned down an extension in the summer.

Latest posts