• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 3) - New Zealand v Argentina. Saturday 27 August 2022

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
What: All Blacks v Argentina, Rugby Championship
Where: Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch
When: Saturday, August 27, 7.45pm (NZ)/ 8.45am (GMT).

All Blacks: Jordie Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, David Havili, Caleb Clarke, Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (capt), Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Tyrel Lomax, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ethan de Groot.

Reserves: Codie Taylor, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Tupou Vaa'i, Akira Ioane, Finlay Christie, Stephen Perofeta, Quinn Tupaea.

Argentina: TBC

Last edited:
Well what a weird game this will be. Everyone will be breathing a sigh of relief. Will there be complacency because of it? I don't want to think about the reaction if we lose

Last edited:
i will just be happy to see us building on the last game, play slightly closer to the break down, draw in the defensive line before going wide

Anyone think that this won't be easy for the ABs?. I think ultimately they will have a bit too much but I certainly don't see anything like a rout. I'll say All Blacks by 13 points but it will be a very good and competitive test match. Argentina are usually very competitive in NZ before fading late on - same again

Argentina: 15 Juan Cruz Mallia, 14 Emiliano Boffelli, 13 Matias Moroni, 12 Matias Orlando, 11 Lucio Cinti, 10 Santiago Carreras, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Pablo Matera, 7 Marcos Kremer, 6 Juan Martin Gonzalez, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Matias Alemanno, 3 Joel Sclavi, 2 Julian Montoya (c), 1 Thomas Gallo

Replacements: 16 Santiago Socino, 17 Mayco Vivas, 18 Eduardo Bello, 19 Guido Petti, 20 Santiago Grondona, 21 Tomas Cubelli, 22 Tomas Albornoz, 23 Santiago Cordero

Because of Wallaby volatility I don't know where the Pumas are at. If Schmidt is calling the shots on attack then I can see the ABs getting 40+ points, so I think this will be a BP win for the ABs.

Anyone think that this won't be easy for the ABs?. I think ultimately they will have a bit too much but I certainly don't see anything like a rout. I'll say All Blacks by 13 points but it will be a very good and competitive test match. Argentina are usually very competitive in NZ before fading late on - same again
i think a lot of people thought 2020 was going to be an easy win too...so wont make that mistake again

If Schmidt wasn't appointed... Then idk what I'd say. I think these guys in Argentina coulda been dangerous, I liked what they did versus Aussie and we've been vulnerable to teams with good running lines which I saw. The thing is with the Ireland and South Africa games is that whenever they had the ball they really did look like scoring against us... If the ABs have any sort of consistency I'd say they win by 20+.

If Schmidt wasn't appointed... Then idk what I'd say. I think these guys in Argentina coulda been dangerous, I liked what they did versus Aussie and we've been vulnerable to teams with good running lines which I saw. The thing is with the Ireland and South Africa games is that whenever they had the ball they really did look like scoring against us... If the ABs have any sort of consistency I'd say they win by 20+.
So, game plan is keep the ball so we don't need to worry about our poor defence?

Will be interesting to see how much argentina run vs do attacking kicks like they did against aus.

Also here is a random prediction: if jordan has another good game under the high ball, defensively, like he did in the last game, we see him at 15 in the next test.

i think a lot of people thought 2020 was going to be an easy win too...so wont make that mistake again
That might be the point. We took advantage of that mistake already.

ABs trying to make a point, at home against an objectively weaker team.
Dont get me wrong, I face every game thinking either we should win or we could win, but I am not a fool.

Will be interesting to see if we bring anything new with schmidt taking on more responsibility

Will be interesting to see if we bring anything new with schmidt taking on more responsibility
Yeah I think the most interesting thing will be the next Super Rugby season... What does NZR and the Super teams do with this centres issue. Do they switch Jordie Barrett at the Hurricanes and let Moorby play fullback(and he looks good), I still cannot believe that they decided that RTS will play second-five, and then he's so bulky... He seems to have slimmed down a bit now if you saw his run the other day he looked pretty quick, maybe told to slim down? I really thought we were going to see RTS at fullback, because I don't know why we convinced him to leave league for a second-five position... We have have too much to think about at THREE positions.

Our wingers should be LOCKED with it being Clarke and Reece, end of story, thank you, bye bye. None of this Will Jordan out of position nonsense.

Centre pairing is so ridiculous it has just turned into a **** show. We have Goodhue, Ioane, ALB, Ennor, Laumape(?), Havili, Tupaea, RTS... And a guy that wants to play at 12, Jordie Barrett. I hope Schmidt has his pairing locked and he knows what direction he wants to go in... Because my choice would be Jordie/Ioane.

Fullback... Jordie, Jordan, Beauden, Perofeta, McKenzie... Should have RTS, and Moorby(soon) in here too. This is also a ridiculous pool of players. Who gets this position for the All Blacks? Potential? Name? Who does the position better? Who plays the position most during the season? Does that even matter anymore...? With Schmidt does the best player at their position NOW matter?

Back to the game, I reckon there's gonna be 50 total points scored, I don't think it'll be a boring game, but will it be one-sided? Might be 4X-1X, might be 3X-2X...

Pumas getting smashed in the scrum.

Breakdown letting down ABs though and not securing own ball.

Nice try ABs after an awful lineout from Pumas.

But yet again not securing own ball at the breakdown.

Nice try Pumas.

ABs breakdown work has been poor.

Last edited:
Argentina on top in the second half. Let's hope they don't fall off in the last 20

All of the Barrett brothers playing terribly these days, mad how much they've dropped off

Latest posts