(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 4) - New Zealand v Argentina - 03/09/2022

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
In Hamilton on Saturday night at 7:05pm (NZ)/8.05am (GMT).

All Blacks:
Jordie Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, David Havili, Caleb Clarke, Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith, Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (captain), Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Tyrel Lomax, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ethan de Groot.

Reserves: Dane Coles, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Brodie Retallick, Dalton Papali'i, Finlay Christie, Beauden Barrett, Quinn Tupaea.

Los Pumas: Juan Cruz Mallia, Emiliano Boffelli, Matias Moroni, Matias Orlando, Santiago Cordero, Santiago Carreras, Tomas Cubelli, Pablo Matera, Marcos Kremer, Santiago Grondona, Tomas Lavanini, Guido Petti, Joel Sclavi, Julian Montoya (c), Thomas Gallo.

Reserves: Santiago Socino, Mayco Vivas, Eduardo Bello, Matias Alemanno, Juan Martin Gonzalez, Samso, Gonzalo Bertranou, Benjamin Urdapilleta, Lucio Cinti.

Last edited:
I'm not wild on Cubelli coming in at 9 and I've never really rated Moroni or Orlando. Pretty crazy then that I don't expect the Pumas to be completely stomped.

ABs by 11

only change to argentinas 23 is to bring udrapilletta in for albornoz in the 22 jersey, the rest of the changes are just swapping between starting and bench roles. Possibly because they played better at the end of the game compared to the start so want to either reward those players or see if they can get a better start?

Only changes in all blacks are all on the bench, bringing in coles for Taylor, retallick for vaai, papalii for akira, and beauden for perofeta.

1662068282606.png

to stick to the same starting 15 that was so toothless last week....is...brave

read this is the first time since 97 we've started the same 15, ive been asking for consistency for ages but really was meaning after we win and play well, not after another record loss

View attachment 14726

to stick to the same starting 15 that was so toothless last week....is...brave

read this is the first time since 97 we've started the same 15, ive been asking for consistency for ages but really was meaning after we win and play well, not after another record loss
gotta love the irony. It was almost the same 15, apart from ofa who was suspended I think, that played and lost to argentina last time as the team who lost to the wallabies in the previous game. I disagreed with it then too. While I understand the rationale of giving another chance to a team who has learned lessons and is seeking revenge, you have to balance that against the extent to which the loss was due to the players not being good enough (at least at the point in time)

Who actually knows what we're going to get in this game. My feeling is the All Blacks will grind out a win but won't be convincing. This is a no-win game for NZ though - if they lose it will be like the apocalypse in New Zealand and if they smash Argentina then it will be "well you lost last week to a poor side". I'll say the ABs by 8 points but I really wouldn't put any money on it - if Argentina won again I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Who actually knows what we're going to get in this game. My feeling is the All Blacks will grind out a win but won't be convincing. This is a no-win game for NZ though - if they lose it will be like the apocalypse in New Zealand and if they smash Argentina then it will be "well you lost last week to a poor side". I'll say the ABs by 8 points but I really wouldn't put any money on it - if Argentina won again I wouldn't be at all surprised.
I think we will win. There should be a focus on territory and set piece instead of trying to run our way to victory, giving away kickable penalties. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

I'm jumping on the Pumas bandwagon this time. 🏉

Celebrate Argentina Rugby GIF by Rugby World Cup

NZ by 20............................. OR Argentina by 10. Lmfao, 30 point swing. Gotta love it.

Oh... Another thing... I find it interesting that we aren't playing teams at Eden Park? Scared we'll lose that record it holds, I guess Argentina aren't big enough to play at Eden Park *scoffs*.

I don't understand Argentina's tactics with their mauls in midfield and they did it last week as well. They are going forward strongly and rumbling forward, but the scrum half takes it out when they are going forward at a fast pace. Maybe the Hope is defense is disorganized, but that's some lost ground and the loss of a potential penalty for the maul being collapsed. Every time they've done it, it has resulted in nothing.

Unless ABs collapse in the second half and Pumas miraculously turn it around, looking like comfortable win for ABs.

Honestly what's it's going to take for Lavanini to be dropped, he's a liability
Penalty count vs positive contributions ratio is way off

I like Nic Berry as a ref but God I hope Ireland never get him. He's strict on a lot of things we tend to get a bit of Lee way with, think Argentina are struggling similarly here.

This game isn't too surprising, a bounce back was inevitable and every external variable down to the weather has gone their way. Reiko is definitely someone whose stock is rising in this team, looks like a proper 13.

Doesn't matter how woefully out of forms the ABs are at times they have sooo much talent they can never be written off, they just don't have the same ability to come back at the end as they previously had potentially not the same belief but on their day probably one of if not thee most dangerous attacking sides in world rugby, these recent games have demonstrated its consistency rather than top end performance they have lacked.

A truly woeful performance from Argentina. Probably the worst of any test side this year. Italy wouldve spanked them.

A truly woeful performance from Argentina. Probably the worst of any test side this year. Italy wouldve spanked them.
ABs very good, Pumas woeful and Nic Berry not much better. The breakdown was an absolute mess, so many players off their feet.

Doesn't matter how woefully out of forms the ABs are at times they have sooo much talent they can never be written off, they just don't have the same ability to come back at the end as they previously had potentially not the same belief but on their day probably one of if not thee most dangerous attacking sides in world rugby, these recent games have demonstrated its consistency rather than top end performance they have lacked.

Yeah, they can still do a good impression of the best team in the world* when they want.

Screenshot_20220903-102713_Chrome.jpg

*minus their key player.

Latest posts