• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 5) - Australia V New Zealand (15/9/2022) [Bledisloe 1]

Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
Australia v New Zealand (Thurs 15 Sept)

Marvel Stadium

Referee: Mathieu Raynal (FFR)
ARs: Andrew Brace (IRFU) & Pierre Brousset (FFR)
TMO: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)

i'll be there, top deck of Marvel

so, we finally get our loosies to fire...and two of them out for the next game, you would hope Sotutu will start and shine...but anything cold happy, legit might start paps

1662346867639.png

AB's are rollin' and will win big.

Last edited:
Australia v New Zealand (Thurs 15 Sept)

Marvel Stadium

Referee: Mathieu Raynal (FFR)
ARs: Andrew Brace (IRFU) & Pierre Brousset (FFR)
TMO: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)

i'll be there, top deck of Marvel

so, we finally get our loosies to fire...and two of them out for the next game, you would hope Sotutu will start and shine...but anything cold happy, legit might start paps

View attachment 14764
the avengers GIF

Great name. Better than Docklands.

Shows where Union is in the grand scheme of things in Oz.
i think it was more when the fixtures were arranged one of 6 clubs (5 AFL and 1 NRL) would have had 1st dibs on the ground. With the game having to be Melbourne due to contractual reasons the Thursday was picked to guarantee the stadium.

My initial thoughts were that the All Blacks would romp this by 25+ but without Savea and Frizell, who were a big factor in the dominant forward effort v Argentina, I'm thinking it will be a bit closer. I think the ABs will win and will win by a decent margin - Bledisloe wrapped up early - again… ABs by 14 points.

i think it was more when the fixtures were arranged one of 6 clubs (5 AFL and 1 NRL) would have had 1st dibs on the ground. With the game having to be Melbourne due to contractual reasons the Thursday was picked to guarantee the stadium.
...isn't that pretty much what @Bada-Bing! was saying? AFL and NRL come first in aus at the moment

it would have been a simple equation, get 30k at aami park on sat or try and get closer to 50k at marvel on thursday, this way they dont exclude any people that will cross over and go to both

Also a Thursday night rugby game isn't the worse thing. It will limit the amount of kiwis flying over for the weekend so it should be a much stronger aus crowd. The game itself only takes a little over two hours so you can take the kids and still have them be home in a reasonable hour. It will be a prime time event.

Also a Thursday night rugby game isn't the worse thing. It will limit the amount of kiwis flying over for the weekend so it should be a much stronger aus crowd. The game itself only takes a little over two hours so you can take the kids and still have them be home in a reasonable hour. It will be a prime time event.
There are plenty of kiwis living in Melbourne, hence why there are lots of all blacks fans at melbourne games. It's more likely that being on a thursday will result in a higher proportion of all blacks supporters because Australians who don't care as much about rugby are less likely to go to a game in a school/work night.

you also potentially over estimate how many kiwis actually travel to support their team, there is a reason we move the AB's games around the country rather than just having fortress Eden Park....and forget about international

Shows where Union is in the grand scheme of things in Oz.
Channel 9 own the rights to NRL and rugby and didn't want to double up. But yeah - NRL finals are a far bigger event than another loss to NZ.

...isn't that pretty much what @Bada-Bing! was saying? AFL and NRL come first in aus at the moment

it would have been a simple equation, get 30k at aami park on sat or try and get closer to 50k at marvel on thursday, this way they dont exclude any people that will cross over and go to both
AFL has always come first. They just signed a 4.5bil broadcast deal.

Rugbys last one was 20m a year.

Well you said rugby is 'currently' behind NRL or AFL as if that wernt always the case. But it always has and always will be.
jesus, is it that big a deal you felt it needed to be corrected? we;re on the same side of the argument here

and i would argue there was a time in the late 90's or early 00's where league was struggling and union was on the way up, and we cant see the furture so we dont know who will be the top sport in 30 years time....so yes...******* currently

Kangaroos by 20...

Win or lose the ABs are so meh right now I'm almost thinking about becoming a fan of league.

Weather not fair enough for you?
see, this is the bullshit, a kiwi says we think were going to win with the form we've shown over the last couple of year.....and we'd be called out as typical arrogant kiwis thinking were better than everyone else....say we're going too lose and we get called out as a fair weather fan

Latest posts