• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 Rugby Championship - Round 6) - South Africa V Argentina (24/9/2022)

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
King's Park, Durban 17h05 (CAT)

South Africa
15 Willie le Roux, 14 Canan Moodie, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Frans Steyn, 9 Jaden Hendrikse, 8 Jasper Wiese, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Duane Vermeulen, 21 Kwagga Smith, 22 Faf de Klerk, 23 Kurt-Lee Arendse

Argentina
TBA

Will be posting team line-up as they are announced. Willemse unavailable. Arendse and Nkosi called up.

So Argentina will be playing for pride and SA will know what they need to do to take the ***le. Will we miss the "lost points" from last week for points differential? Argentina will be coming to make a statement and feeling they missed an opportunity last week.

My biggest concern is we play without patience chasing points differentials and that will play right into Argentina's favor as they'll love a loose game.

Last edited:
They are going to be starting the GOAT at 10 this weekend and I think its going to be glorious in front of a full house Kings Park. A homecoming.

Henry Honibal coming out of retirement?

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Canan Moodie, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Frans Steyn, 9 Jaden Hendrikse, 8 Jasper Wiese, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Duane Vermeulen, 21 Kwagga Smith, 22 Faf de Klerk, 23 Kurt-Lee Arendse

Not unexpected. In light of circumstances fair enough. I'm just not a fan of Kriel, not outside of De Allende. Both are ball carriers rather than play creators. How is Jan Serfontein going? No longer an option for us at 13? Also not what I'd call a play creator but more so than Kriel I'd say. Kriel's only value in my mind is his utility supposedly but has he ever been played at 15? I think the fact he's played 13, 14 and 15 is overrated.

I see the 6-2 split again. Meaning our fly half cover is who, Le Roux or Faf I'd imagine. With Arendse cover at fullback. Or Steyn to cover center and the above to come in if one of our centers get shot down. Hmmm. Why can't our loosies not just get fit enough.

Last edited:
PS: Giggling uncontrollably.........forgot about the Aussie dude................(Too soon?)

10 Frans Steyn, 12 DDA, 13 Kriel.... And that with us NEEDING to score tries and ramp the scorebaord for the ***le.. Yeah, no.

Didn't know that Morne Steyn is with the Sharks now???
Morne was still dreaming of getting an Autograph of a Springbok player when Fransie won his first world cup. Morne made his debut after Frans played his first game at 10 for the Boks, then he came and he went away again, but Frans is still here. On his way to become the first player to win three world cups.

PS no disrespect to Morne, he was a good servant in his time.

Just remember that Steyn is part of the future of Bok rugby. He is the only prop the same length and weight as Thomas du Toit, they gonna make a mean front row.

Is Frans Steyn the most talented Springbok ever? Not the best mind you, but raw talent?

Latest posts