• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs England (19/03/22)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 10.39.42.png

So we should be without Ewells, Sinckler and Curry (depending on the state of his injury)

Would you continue with the Malins debacle on the wing?

Curry is confirmed out already, Sinckler is a maybe depending on if he passes his RTP protocols

France to win, if they breakaway early it will be a real thumping.

France are red hot favorites ! just keep shouting it,tell everyone,let the French know they could win a Grand Slam, make them beleive.
They should cave in under the expectation.

If they don't, it's going to be a long afternoon for England.

So how as Willis been performing since his injury ?
Think he's only played twice - looked OK yesterday but nothing standout/special
He's not let the injury hamper his eagerness at the breakdown or anything, but he's not at his previous levels - which is more than understandable

Is he ready ?
No
Really should be left at Wasps, even though they've not exactly got a great injury record he'd be safer there than with England!
He's just spent an entire year on the sidelines and essentially had to learn to walk again - mad that they're bringing him back in so soon, when you think about it

If Ntamack and Jaminet play like they did against Wales I think England have a chance

Really not a fan of how much players are being rushed back from injury... Surely long term it's not in the clubs benefit to do this and see them injured again quickly. I don't know why they do it. Much as I want to see Willis, Barbeary, Tuilagi, Underhill etc in the England setup (and club for Underhill), I am not happy at all with the trend of them very rapidly being out of commission again, which suggests they are not fully healing. I almost feel an investigation might be needed into the competence / integrity of the medical staff if there are repeated occurrences. Maybe even protocols from above limiting playing time based on the severity and repetitiveness of certain injuries, as it seems the clubs and England are certainly not going to do it of their own free will.

Really not a fan of how much players are being rushed back from injury... Surely long term it's not in the clubs benefit to do this and see them injured again quickly. I don't know why they do it. Much as I want to see Willis, Barbeary, Tuilagi, Underhill etc in the England setup (and club for Underhill), I am not happy at all with the trend of them very rapidly being out of commission again, which suggests they are not fully healing. I almost feel an investigation might be needed into the competence / integrity of the medical staff if there are repeated occurrences. Maybe even protocols from above limiting playing time based on the severity and repetitiveness of certain injuries, as it seems the clubs and England are certainly not going to do it of their own free will.
Agree with the sentiment but what evidence is there to say that Willis has been rushed back from injury? Rushed into the England squad, maybe, but I don't think there's anything to suggest that he's back playing rugby any earlier than he should be.

Malins has to be binned off, really doesn't offer anything, same with Daly.

I'd rather we didn't continue with the Slade at 1st receiver nonsense or in fact remove Slade entirely (keep Marchant at 13) but there isn't anyone in the squad to replace him.

When we are happy with one part of the team Jones screws with another.

Another wasted 6 nations under Jones.

I'd sooner see Radwan given another chance in place of Malins.
Malins really hasn't worked on the wing in any of his games so far.
Still worth a place on the bench though.

I'd sooner see Radwan given another chance in place of Malins.
Malins really hasn't worked on the wing in any of his games so far.
Still worth a place on the bench though.
Malins offers ability to cover all outside backs, but so does Daly. Malins gets spot on his aerial skills if required at FB.
Still need more go forward in backs though.
The flexibility of Marchant and Nowell to swap centre wing in phase play is bonus. Steward needs to get better at hitting the line, and Smith needs a strong carrier at 12.

Latest posts