• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs Italy (06/02/22)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 14.50.55.png

When are these teams announced? I care for no other reason that im bored and want to do my fantasy team haha

Love the absolute zero interest!

When are these teams announced? I care for no other reason that im bored and want to do my fantasy team haha

Love the absolute zero interest!
I was about to comment exactly the same thing 2 mins earlier, then figured I couldnt be arsed, such is my interest in this game.

Expert hint - pick as many frenchies as possible

Really looking forward to it, should be a good warm up game for France. Will be interesting if they go full noise or blood the less experienced

Honestly France often sleepwalk against Italy, but surely not this France. The interest here for me is can Crowley show any signs of infusing the decent form he had latterly with Benetton into the national side.

Team: 15-Melvyn Jaminet, 14-Damian Penaud, 13-Jonathan Danty, 12-Gael Fickou, 11-Gabin Villiere, 10-Romain Ntamack, 9-Antoine Dupont (capt.), 8-Gregory Alldritt, 7-Dylan Cretin, 6-Anthony Jelonch, 5-Paul Willemse, 4-Cameron Woki, 3-Uini Atonio, 2-Julien Marchand, 1-Cyril Baille.

Replacements: 16-Peato Mauvaka, 17-Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18-Demba Bamba, 19-Romain Taofifenua, 20-Francois Cros, 21-Maxime Lucu, 22-Yoram Moefana, 23-Thomas Ramos.

France aren't messing about here, they've gone for their best side. As someone alluded to earlier, France normally plod through the game at home to Italy, win by 15-20 points and don't play that well. Can't see it this time though, I think they will want to pile on the points because at the end of the tournament that could matter. France by 35+

1643976243071.jpeg

Team: 15-Melvyn Jaminet, 14-Damian Penaud, 13-Jonathan Danty, 12-Gael Fickou, 11-Gabin Villiere, 10-Romain Ntamack, 9-Antoine Dupont (capt.), 8-Gregory Alldritt, 7-Dylan Cretin, 6-Anthony Jelonch, 5-Paul Willemse, 4-Cameron Woki, 3-Uini Atonio, 2-Julien Marchand, 1-Cyril Baille.

Replacements: 16-Peato Mauvaka, 17-Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18-Demba Bamba, 19-Romain Taofifenua, 20-Francois Cros, 21-Maxime Lucu, 22-Yoram Moefana, 23-Thomas Ramos.
beat me to it. The picture form looks a lot nicer, though

I didn't realise how raw the Italy squad was. Only 5 of their backs in the whole named squad have double digit caps and even then it's 12,13,36,30 and 11

I didn't realise how raw the Italy squad was. Only 5 of their backs in the whole named squad have double digit caps and even then it's 12,13,36,30 and 11
Italy really blew it not setting up alternative tests in July when their tour to NZ was cancelled. Other unions had matches arranged at short notice when their initial plans were thwarted. They will be going into this woefully undercooked.

I think France will win it but somehow mange to lose one game.
I think France will mange Italy for dinner (forgive me!) by 37 points (45-8).

I think the forum has crashed under the sheer volume of posts by enthusiastic fans clamouring to have their say on this contest. Or my awful 'wit' scared everyone away.

I hope Italy can keep this at least vaguely competitive,
It's definitely the least interesting game of the tournament

Latest posts