• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs Italy (06/02/22)

Pretty glad I had money on Italy with a 28 point handicap

Italian Flag GIF by Viaggio nel Mondo

I think there was a definite improvement overall by the Italians. One of the key differences is that they didn't look like they were completely off their feet by the end of the game. Still got things to improve but it was a lot more positive performance than expected.

I'll throw in that I thought Kayser in the ITV coverage was borderline excellent. Usually I have zero interest in what lazy conventional wisdom a 'pundit' has to say but he actually had some insight and has an excellent command of English. I hope he is retained.

Thought France were a bit off it today but you can see what they are trying to do. Some of the tries they scored were excellent. Penaud and Villiere are awesome to watch. If I was giving MOTM I would have given it to Alldritt. How England could do with an 8 like him, really physical and a great carrier but also has terrific hands and can offload in contact.

I thought Italy were improved from last year, their defence was up quicker and they weren't as easy to break. Definite improvements there. They won't be easy fodder for England next week I don't think. You also didn't get the usual drop-off from the Italians in the last 20. Away from Home against the tournament favourites I think it was a decent showing.

France v Ireland next week should be a cracker. I hope France win, which won't be a popular view on this forum!.

Thought France were a bit off it today but you can see what they are trying to do. Some of the tries they scored were excellent. Penaud and Villiere are awesome to watch. If I was giving MOTM I would have given it to Alldritt. How England could do with an 8 like him, really physical and a great carrier but also has terrific hands and can offload in contact.

I thought Italy were improved from last year, their defence was up quicker and they weren't as easy to break. Definite improvements there. They won't be easy fodder for England next week I don't think. You also didn't get the usual drop-off from the Italians in the last 20. Away from Home against the tournament favourites I think it was a decent showing.

France v Ireland next week should be a cracker. I hope France win, which won't be a popular view on this forum!.
It's a shame that what could be the ***le decider is so early in the tournament. I'd be happy to see France win if it can't be England, which looks likely it won't be

I'll throw in that I thought Kayser in the ITV coverage was borderline excellent. Usually I have zero interest in what lazy conventional wisdom a 'pundit' has to say but he actually had some insight and has an excellent command of English. I hope he is retained.

Learned his English in Leicester so explans why it soe geat innit prober learneding round ere

Latest posts