• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Ireland vs Wales (05/02/22)

But the point remains. Won't be surprised if there is an injury that another comes in and leapfrogs Carty in to #22.

Against Italy - If for some crazy reason Sexton doesn't start then it is Joey who will get nod and Sexton will be on bench but as noted regardless. Ireland will either be going for a slam or possibly championship on that day so will be no chance of rotation as said.
I would argue arbitraily letting a Byrne leapfrog the designated #3 in Carty would be token capping and I don't think it will happen. If someone goes down Carty at 29 with caps to his name will be the most safe option. He is in camp and is probablybest placed to let our team do its thing.

I would argue arbitraily letting a Byrne leapfrog the designated #3 in Carty would be token capping and I don't think it will happen. If someone goes down Carty at 29 with caps to his name will be the most safe option. He is in camp and is probablybest placed to let our team do its thing.
I should say I am not saying I agree with it I'm for Carty being #22 as of now. Just they have odd way of operating.

I'd be against bringing Harry in at all unless he starts and has a MOTM type performance on Friday. I think one of the Munster lads should get an apprentice run with the squad though. Crowley to me looks far better than he seems to be rated within province and country right now, I'd love to see him jump up to be fighting for the Munster start and the Irish bench. He looks every bit the player Carbery was in his first season and more suited to 10.

I should say I am not saying I agree with it I'm for Carty being #22 as of now. Just they have odd way of operating.

But when have they actually operated in that way?

Can't remember any players being drafted in mid tournament under Farrell and leapfrogging people already in the squad. Unless they were a starter and just back from injury. Even then those players have had trouble finding their way back in immediately.

Even at that it wouldn't shock me to see Ross or Harry drafted in and leapfrog Carty in case of injury. Italy is last game and points difference etc may be a thing so no token caps will be handed in that game.
Unless I'm being daft here, we have Italy in GW3, Scotland is our last game..

But when have they actually operated in that way?

Can't remember any players being drafted in mid tournament under Farrell and leapfrogging people already in the squad. Unless they were a starter and just back from injury. Even then those players have had trouble finding their way back in immediately.
True just have an inkling as in it has happened in past. Pre Farrell

Latest posts