• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Wales vs France (11/03/22)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 11.16.03.png

This could be really messy for Wales imo. Of France will do a France and get a red card in the first half and lose

I had this as a trap game at the start, then Wales were so toothless that I didn't. Then Wales got some confidence at Twickenham and I'm back thinking trap again. If France are trailing after 50mins they still strike me as capable of blowing it. Will rely on an assessment from others on how feeble the selected Welsh pack is.

Can't see this current France letting Wales back into it like England did. If Wales start as poorly as they did against England, France will be well clear by half time.

I had this as a trap game at the start, then Wales were so toothless that I didn't. Then Wales got some confidence at Twickenham and I'm back thinking trap again. If France are trailing after 50mins they still strike me as capable of blowing it. Will rely on an assessment from others on how feeble the selected Welsh pack is.
I don't think they'll be many, if any, changes to the pack. Navidi will be on the bench I'd imagine with Moriarty, Basham and Faletau starting.

I'd personally like to see us start developing Brown more at TH. He's the type of player who's got ball skills and can be a potentially big carrier that we are desperately short of. The scrum has been one of the very few positives for us this 6N though so I'll understand them not wanting to change much in the front row.

World rugby needs to get tough on this now. If team's (like Wales) keep missing obvious HIA incidents then they should be punished.

I can't see France being beaten this 6 Nations hard to argue they have overall been the best team for the last couple just let the odd game slip, think they have taken their losses refined their play and really matured as a team, they are also so damn good to watch.

World rugby needs to get tough on this now. If team's (like Wales) keep missing obvious HIA incidents then they should be punished.

Plus some work on explaining that HIAs and RTPs are a minimum and players should be subbed/stood down if there's any doubt.

Talk is the back row is going to be Seb Davies at 6, Navidi straight in at 7 and Faletau keeping his spot at 8.

Surprising if true but I've been quietly impressed with Seb Davies so pleased for him. I'd rather we had him in the second row though as he's got the ball skills we lack in the front 5.

Last edited:
I can understand wanting to add beef to the pack v France to be honest. Basham is a small little man when it comes to international backrows.

Bound to be English, there's a Basham up at Newcastle so they're probably related
His great grandad (or something like that) was some Welsh bare knuckle boxer who once killed a guy in a fight, apparently. As Welsh as they come, now we just need a pic of him throwing up on some small child whilst drunk watching a game and there's no doubting it.

Latest posts