• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Wales vs France (11/03/22)

Sorry for your experiences. Some people are tools, sorry to break it to you, but that's the world. There's sporting rivalry, and some people take it too far.

You really need to learn to separate that from you'r overall opinion about an entire nation.
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

The best bit is you assumed all those events I mentioned in Cardiff were during sporting events, they weren't. I'm not claiming literally the entire nation is like that, just that there is a problem with how prevalent it is. You seem to wish to pretend none of that is real and there isn't a problem in Wales with this sort of sentiment not only being accepted but actively encouraged by more than just a lunatic fringe.

Sorry for your experiences. Some people are tools, sorry to break it to you, but that's the world. There's sporting rivalry, and some people take it too far.

You really need to learn to separate that from you'r overall opinion about an entire nation.
Don't apologise to him. Would you excuse someone who hated black people and constantly put them down because he had been mugged by a black person once or something? It's outrageous.

The welsh media do like to moan and whine as do all the social media welshies. Nothing wrong with pointing out the truth is there?
There is when it infects every Welsh thread. We can all find dull comments from pundits and fans from every nation, but I don't see other threads being spammed continuously when some are trying to have proper conversations and discussions

Can we please keep the bigotry out of here. You've already admitted Welsh fans are fine on here so if you can't say anything that isn't bigoted nonsense perhaps keep it to yourself. I don't think you realise how offensive the things you say are.

Don't apologise to him. Would you excuse someone who hated black people and constantly put them down because he had been mugged by a black person once or something? It's outrageous.
I'm criticising a prevalent cultural attitude, not a race. You choose one, not the other. But I've had my say, it's all fine, nothing I've witnessed actually happened, Welsh fans aren't representative of Welsh fans and it's all a figment of my imagination and tbh I probably deserved it because being an "English ****" I'm clearly the perpetrator and deserved to get punched in the back of the head. Well thanks for setting me straight, lovely to know.

I'm criticising a prevalent cultural attitude, not a race. You choose one, not the other.
Wow. Yes, from your anecdotal evidence. You obviously feel confident enough to speak about a prevailing cultural attitude of 3'million odd people. Bully for you. As I say, I don't think you have a clue about what you're saying.

What would you say to someone who says there's a prevailing cultural attitude amongst black people to rape and rob and that was based on them being raped and robbed personally. Would you find that acceptable?

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

The best bit is you assumed all those events I mentioned in Cardiff were during sporting events, they weren't. I'm not claiming literally the entire nation is like that, just that there is a problem with how prevalent it is. You seem to wish to pretend none of that is real and there isn't a problem in Wales with this sort of sentiment not only being accepted but actively encouraged by more than just a lunatic fringe.
We all have experiences like that though. I spent a year in uni in Leicester, worst time of my life with loads on things happening that luckily hasn't happened since. Don't see me spamming Leicester Tiger threads with anti Leicester drivel.

Please understand what I'm hlsaying, I'm not condoning any bad behaviour by anyone, but I can't control that. What I can control, as can you, is how I act towards others who have done nothing wrong.

The entire situation becomes a self fulfilling prophecy at some point, there is not enough genuine incite-full input on this forum from the Welsh as it is let's not alienate the few, their media and pundits are probably no worse than ours, I am sure some have had some bad experiences in Wales post game same can be said for Scotland, doesn't mean we have to derail every thread dragging it up.

Fine, I'm done. It isn't fair to derail a thread but yeah "anecdotal" evidence has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

What would you say to someone who says there's a prevailing cultural attitude amongst black people to rape and rob and that was based on them being raped and robbed personally. Would you find that acceptable?
Yeah. Didn't think I'd get an answer to this question.

On a completely different tact...social media is going mad for Dan Bigger this morning, am I missing something here but as the fly half he is main playmaker and Wales failed to score any points in the 2nd half. Yes he did a couple of nice kicks but Wales were beaten at home and he failed to unlock the French defense.

Yay only took 4 game to get this thread more amazed it took to France to cause it rather than England or Ireland.

On a completely different tact...social media is going mad for Dan Bigger this morning, am I missing something here but as the fly half he is main playmaker and Wales failed to score any points in the 2nd half. Yes he did a couple of nice kicks but Wales were beaten at home and he failed to unlock the French defense.
It's like us 2 weeks ago getting a hard on for Smith. I might be old fashioned but if your fly half isn't part of any trys he only T best had a average day at the office.

We all have experiences like that though. I spent a year in uni in Leicester, worst time of my life with loads on things happening that luckily hasn't happened since. Don't see me spamming Leicester Tiger threads with anti Leicester drivel.

Please understand what I'm hlsaying, I'm not condoning any bad behaviour by anyone, but I can't control that. What I can control, as can you, is how I act towards others who have done nothing wrong.
You should spam people from Leicester because it is a **** hole. Admittedly I have followed tigers for 40 years but the town's a proper dump. Nottingham is much better

Nah, I don't get it either. He played 'well' at what he does - gave it his all etc. etc. But he's part of the problem.

Comms team/pundits just awful last night. Jiffy (50-20) said after Biggar's 50-22 kick 'they need to back that up now and really challenge the line out'. It's your throw you melt - the whole point of a 50-22. Carley is straight out of the Wayne Barnes school of 'the ref's the star' whistle-happy clowns. Sean Edwards has done more to ruin union with his league-style defence systems than anyone. Wales need to break free from Gatland-ball strategy of either passively defending between 10 metre lines or attacking in same area, going east/west in the hope of getting a breakdown penalty.

It's the same with any 10, if they do a few things that stand out as very good (those 50-22s were superb) people forget about the other 79mins of play
Same thing happens with players like Finn Russell, and at club level Cipriani

Nah, I don't get it either. He played 'well' at what he does - gave it his all etc. etc. But he's part of the problem.
Exactly the same as when England play Faz, both great players in their own right however just very limited in attack, although Bigger has probably shown more in recent years at Saints than OF ever has.

Yeah true, everyone remembers when Cipriani throws a wide pass when there is a penalty advantage but ignore the fact he's somewhat hit and miss

Biggar's kicking was actually quite good in the end and he helped Wales keep France pinned back, though also poor French play helped. However, that was it. Once Wales were in the French half they looked toothless outside of the JD2 knock on. He helped give Wales a chance to win, but he didn't play well. It was more France lowering themselves to Wales' level.

Latest posts