• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Got to love the Japanese fans.

And their team.

Also, so far no hint of trouble from England fans. Alcohol ban at the stadia having an effect? Or just not enough of the trouble causing idiots travelled there this year.

Last edited:
I heard yesterday there was only one 0-0 at the last WC. Really making up for that this time!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how Ronaldo goes amidst all the Man U controversy.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how Ronaldo goes amidst all the Man U controversy.
No controversy IMO. It's what they both wanted. Should have left in the summer but had to have all this drama surrounding how he left and the "look at me I am the victim".

No controversy IMO. It's what they both wanted. Should have left in the summer but had to have all this drama surrounding how he left and the "look at me I am the victim".
Ahh, organising an interview to slam everyone who has ever criticised you in the slightest is controversial however you look at it!

Agree he should have gone in the summer, Man U worried about their rep not allowing it and then Ronaldo unleashing his ego like never before. Terrible start from him anyway, should have threatened the goal twice and reacted poorly, Portugal looking good though.

I swear they are just trying to rile us up. Gregg foolishly said in one of his first press conferences that he wanted to change the way the world views American football. Now the world is starting to question why Gregg does things the way he does. I really hope hit pieces come after the cup.

Ronaldo is holding Portugal back. Imagine if they had a dynamic unselfish striker willing to press up top instead of Piers Morgan's mate. They'd be a different team.

Ahh, organising an interview to slam everyone who has ever criticised you in the slightest is controversial however you look at it!

Agree he should have gone in the summer, Man U worried about their rep not allowing it and then Ronaldo unleashing his ego like never before. Terrible start from him anyway, should have threatened the goal twice and reacted poorly, Portugal looking good though.
I read he could have gone to Saudi Arabia but turned down the move. It would have to be a similar move next if he wants to similar money he was earning (500k pw?).

But still it was pretty obvious he would never fit into the way Ten Hag wants to play and Ronaldo is type of player who needs to have the team built around him.

One of the All time greats, but still what a drama Queen.

Him, Messi and Neymar in the twilight of their careers and likely last WC.

funny how Neymar is in the twilight of his career and he's allegedly a World Cup cycle younger

Ronaldo should have never done that interview. I can understand how a sportsman can have trouble comprehending that their best days are behind them; especially one that much as much effort into their body as CR7. But he needed to realize he wasn't going to get champions league soccer.

It's a shame Haaland and Norway didn't qualify. Another frightening young talent who deserves a World Cup stage.

Neymar is 30, so could make another World Cup. Thought I read it would also be his last. Will never forget 2014 when the rest of the Brazil team were being so over dramatic when he got injured. Then got spanked 7-1 by Germany. 😂

I'll give it to all the pulisic Stans. The comparisons to Ronaldo are now warranted.

The African nations have so far been disappointing for me after the first round of matches.

And Ghana score …

First goal by an African nation at this year's WC. 👏

Latest posts