• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England v France 11 March 2023. Kickoff 16:45

You could apply that to Dan Biggar, Sexton, Wilkinson even. None were a great running threat. You are then reliant on the players outside you, how you martial an attack etc. You could drop the best 10 in the world into this England team and it wouldn't make much difference.
You forgot about the Sexton loop. Defences are still being fooled by it.

I've been banned a couple times from this site - as grown men on a rugby chat can't handle some spicy language.

I said to all you english assholes
Don't fire Eddie
Steve is n chop - and you are getting worse and worse -
Don't play M Smith

get it in your head

Farrel is your best 10 by a country mile
Smith is not an international 10 just like danny wasn't
you need a 9

this is not a winning captain

But good luck you've got the easiest draw in wc history and still won't go past quaters

You may be confused as to who hires and fires England coaches, or pick the team for that matter.

I'm fairly sure it's no one on here so you're wasting your effort telling us.

What you need to do is write all your ideas down (try not to use excrement) and send it to

Bill
RFU
Twickenham
England.

Posting Squidge

the simpsons paddle GIF

The quality of the Prem is being questioned but that doesn't seem to apply to the likes of White and Huw Jones at Scotland who have been excellent this tournament.
The same Huw Jones who's excelled this year after returning to Glasgow?

You look at a lot of Prem sides and think that the attacking game from the likes of Saints and Quins etc should translate to the national side. One of the reasons it doesn't is that some of the weak Prem defences make the attacking play look better than it actually is which then doesn't cut it against the higher player calibre and intensity of the test arena.

He was banging that drum pre-tournament too, and then when the first game was terrible he went on a rant about how people didn't know what they were talking about and that the Smith/Farrell axis actually DID work in that game

He was banging that drum pre-tournament too, and then when the first game was terrible he went on a rant about how people didn't know what they were talking about and that the Smith/Farrell axis actually DID work in that game
He also said George Ford was the best 10 in the world and that England were building one of the most exciting attacking structures under Jones... He is the most deluded pro-English Welshman I've ever known.

Be fair, it couldn't have looked worse
Good video as usual.

And yeah, once Farrell came on England's shape looked way better in attack.
I genuinely thought it had to do more with Mitchell than Farrell and we only scored 2 mins into that period then never again followed by us shipping 29 points in 18 minuites....crickey I knew it was bad but that sums it up.

Good video as usual.

And yeah, once Farrell came on England's shape looked way better in attack.
That's just so wrong on so many levels. The first half attack was poor due to the forwards not providing a platform for the 9 nor 10. Whatever JVP was trying to do was hamstrung by the really poor forwards and tactics.

So second half, Mitchell comes on and ups the pace for a really short period of time where our forwards actually remember to secure the ruck. Then back to normal service and we don't score again and ship a shed load of points.

Farrell coming on may have provided leadership for 5 minutes but after that we scored nothing and showed that our defence is really poor.

So what we can actually say is that when Farrell came on our defence got worse! Although it's really all about the forwards.

Latest posts