England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 09.15.57.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 09.15.30.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 09.15.30.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 7
I'd only make a couple of changes to the team.

Drop Itoje and replace with ribbons, bring Farrell to 10 and Manu or Lawrence or 12.

Then take mako and Youngs out back and shoot them (replace with Rodd and Mitchell).

Maro definitely needs dropped to give him a kick up the arse. Also Let's play Farrell at 10 and pick two centres please.

I think the back row needs readjusting too. Didn't work and wasn't balanced. Question is who comes in...Willis in top form for me, but is he even in form?

Is Kelly fit? I see Slade is but I don't see him as anymore of a international 12 than Farrell IMO.

I'd drop Itoje and let him fight for his place.

I sew Wigglesworth and Walters are also England bound. Got to be a but miffed if you're a tigers supporter......

I'd stick with Mario. Even in games when he is quite he's a 7\10. Just make clear he needs to improve on his last game. I think his overall average day standard is better than most of the locks in the squad.

OC deserves a start but dropping Mario for Ribbans, Isiekwe seems mad.

Last edited:
I think the back row needs readjusting too. Didn't work and wasn't balanced. Question is who comes in...Willis in top form for me, but is he even in form?
Agreed, I thought B Curry was kind of anonymous.

I guess it comes down to giving him another chance to prove he's up to it or bringing in Willis and gambling on whether he is in form. Just feel like they are the only two fetchers in the squad.

Ludlam did well against SCO so I think he deserves another run at 6. Would still love to see Ted Hill in the squad someday

I also don't think having Fin Smith in the squad is a good use of numbers.

Obviously there for exposure and to learn, but I don't really see him playing in any of the games so why not have another back there?

I also don't think having Fin Smith in the squad is a good use of numbers.

Obviously there for exposure and to learn, but I don't really see him playing in any of the games so why not have another back there?
he was probably supposed to play this game but then last week happened

Dave ribbons > Itoje (right now)

It's been that way for a while. Itoje for the last couple of years hasn't done anything above average I'm afraid and in many games has cost us with penalties etc.

Id like to see:
Genge George Sinks
Ribbans Chessum
Willis Dombrandt Ludlam
JVP Faz
Manu Slade/Lawrence Slade
OHC Steward Watson

Walker
Rodd
Cole
Itoje
Curry
Youngs(dont like it but why dream)
Smith
Marchant

I'd stick with Mario. Even in games when he is quite he's a 7\10.

I think that's pretty generous TBH. Especially given his pen count.

Just make clear he needs to improve on his last game.

I think we're in the situation where actions speak louder than words.

There are two questions here:

Is there a better option?

How do we get more out of Itoje? Given that he's a nailed on starter this is probably the more important one and maybe a short sharp shock might reap dividends. If he can just carry on as he's been doing with little consequence or jeopardy we can't expect much to change.

I'll say we see......

1 Genge
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Chessum
6 Ludlum
7 Earl
8 Dombrandt

9 JVP
10 Smith
11 Arundel
12 Farrell
13 Slade
14 Watson
15 Steward

Telegraph reckons Arundell/Malins/Watson back three with Steward on the bench

Starting Arundell feels like a massive risk considering he's had 30mins of rugby in the last 3.5months and they were really poor, but then if it works out he's definitely got the X Factor

Feel for Freeman and Murley who turn in great performances week after week, though

Latest posts