• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England vs Italy - 12 February 2023

20230212-195737.jpg
View attachment 16073

I really don't see how he got away with it or that it won't even be looked at. Incident is around 1:33 on the ITVX player.
You mean just after Farrell had smacked him in the face
IMG_20230212_211132.jpg
IMG_20230212_211144.jpg
IMG_20230212_211239.jpg
IMG_20230212_211254.jpg

Never do tell the whole story do you?

I totally agree
Dombrandt wasn't awful today by any means but after last week he really had to come out and have a stormer. Instead, he continued to have some dodgy hands and seemed panicked by the intensity of it at times (getting caught at the back of the scrum being the biggest example).

I don't want to **** all over him as he's obviously a good player but for me it's just clear that he isn't up to the level and I'd prefer to invest time into back rowers who have shown that they can handle test match rugby.
The first paragraph is fair and I agree.

On the second, I'm not sure he's had enough game time (certainly not as a starter) for it to be 'clear he isn't up to the level'. I do agree with @Jimbo that he needs to put in a big performance before long as the pressure is building though.

Rubbish. Atmosphere last week in twickers was electric, best I've seen in years and I know because I was there.

You are talking rubbish, so shut the hell up.
Alright i get your point, you don't have to be a complete idiot about it. It just sounded quieter than it normally does, that was just my view - I might be wrong.

'Smacked'?

I don't think there was much in it. Penalty and move on IMO.

No need to make things up for the sole purpose of being petty.
Even if that was the case Farrell does have some mitigation in that he is being pinned to the ground. Doesn't make it right but would go in his favour. Somethering your hand over another players face whilst you have them pinned in the ground. That's a big no no and has been in rugby for a very long time.

Like it's 2013 not 1996 these aren't really things we should be discussing anymore.

Penalty to England I mean …

I was disagreeing with the accusation that Farrell had 'smacked' him.

Eyes contact is fine against anyone in an English shirt. I would say the English but there's a few of those in the Scot's team

Whistle Whistling GIF

You mean just after Farrell had smacked him in the face
View attachment 16074View attachment 16075View attachment 16076View attachment 16077

Never do tell the whole story do you?
Jesus christ you're being really ******* pathetic you know? The Italian player hit him after he had got rid of the ball, which is fair enough, but he was driving his elbow into Farrells face and, when Farrell was trying to push him off, drove his fingers into his eye region and raked them across his face!

"I'm not anti English, now let's make excuses for foul play Italy got away with that I claimed I didn't even see the first time"

Yeah we get it, anything goes against English players with you and that other guy right? Get rid of that chip for god sake. Not only do we have people here making out it's ok for foul play against Farrell, you even want to reverse it and now even daring to defend himself from being smacked in the face is proof he's the dirty one rather than the one who was the target.

"Never tell the whole story", yeah coming from a guy whose sole contribution this thread was to point out times you think the ref went against Italy unfairly and, when times he went against England were pointed out including this foul play was either to go "oops I didn't see it" or to try to turn the victim into the perpetrator. Not going to take lectures from you on not telling the whole story.

Last edited:
Wonder what others thoughts are on Farrell's goal kicking recently? Not having a dig by any means as I've always thought of him as an excellent kicker but it seems to have really dropped off for England lately. His last 4 games have been with quite of few of these being ones you'd really expect someone of his quality to make:

Italy 2/4
Scotland 3/5
SA 3/5
NZ 1/1 (Smith kicked a lot here)

Wonder what others thoughts are on Farrell's goal kicking recently? Not having a dig by any means as I've always thought of him as an excellent kicker but it seems to have really dropped off for England lately. His last 4 games have been with quite of few of these being ones you'd really expect someone of his quality to make:

Italy 2/4
Scotland 3/5
SA 3/5
It's been as shite as the rest of his game

Satisfied with display, somethings I would change looking towards WC.
Wingers and how we use bench.
As an old fart having old farts on bench just doesn't cut it.
Freeman, Arundel given a run as Rodd .
Discount Marchant, Ribbans off to France for the euro ( no blame).
Dombrant is a busted flush.
Mercer if allowed? Younger Willis and Hill given a run plus any call on a 12.

Satisfied with display, somethings I would change looking towards WC.
Wingers and how we use bench.
As an old fart having old farts on bench just doesn't cut it.
Freeman, Arundel given a run as Rodd .
Discount Marchant, Ribbans off to France for the euro ( no blame).
Dombrant is a busted flush.
Mercer if allowed? Younger Willis and Hill given a run plus any call on a 12.
Well Lawrence did a pretty good job in there even though strictly hes a 13. Certainly better than Farrell has.

Get Dan Kelly and Lawrence at 13 and that could be quite a midfield
Seb Atkinson also playing well at 12 for Gloucester but he might be one for after the WC

Italy 2/4
Scotland 3/5
SA 3/5
Since his ankle injury he seems to ve pulling a lot to the left.
Wonder if his ankle is falling off enough to create the pull.

Well Lawrence did a pretty good job in there even though strictly hes a 13. Certainly better than Farrell has.

Get Dan Kelly and Lawrence at 13 and that could be quite a midfield
Seb Atkinson also playing well at 12 for Gloucester but he might be one for after the WC
Think a Smith, Lawrence, Marchant midfield would work as it gives Smith options for both hard lines and an outside break.
Add in more work from wingers and maybe something to work on, (apart from Marchant leaving)
A backline of Farrell, Lawrence, Slade, Freeman, Arundell and Daly also looks good on paper

Farrell was just so average on Sunday. We really needed to see what Smith could bring from half time with that midfield.
ANd not with Farrell at 12.

Maybe he needs to start v Wales.

Latest posts