• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] France v Wales - 18 March 2023

Video Games Sega GIF

Wales does what Englandon't.

LRZ has been pretty crap at 15, understandable considering how little he's played there though, I guess

Wales showed a little bit of progress again in the first half. I like the offloading game in the forwards, it was a bit more accurate than it has been and there was pace there.

Some big questions for the defence to me, LRZ, Tompkins, Dyer, North looking weak and not confident in the system, but then with all the changes I guess it's to be expected. In saying that, I am glad Wales didn't completely capitulate and they stuck at the game despite being behind.

France found another level quite often and were lethal when they needed to be.

Pretty much went as I expected. I thought Wales showed genuine attacking improvement in Rome and I think we saw it again here. Shaun Edwards clearly hasn't mastered his French and it appears likely that appointment may cost France a shot at a home World Cup win. I see this in Tier2 loads, massive underperformance from a side when players aren't fluent in the coaches' language.

Wales should have plenty chance of reaching a RWC semi. Particularly as Fiji have no coach and Georgia are being allowed to play only one side in the worlds top 15 all year prior to the RWC.

Automatic yellow card for simulation IMO. (I'd be tempted for red. Can't stand it and think it dangers the integrity of the sport.)
No tempted about it.

Red for me. Get it out of the game now rather than end up like soccer.

Found that first 25mins really annoying as I don't know why we don't try more offloads in other games. I think around the hour mark it said we had done 15 offloads to Frances 4, we haven't done 15 offloads over the last 2 years so was nice seeing it in 1 hour of rugby.

Latest posts