• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] France vs Scotland - 26 February 2023

Pretty happy with that, crosbie went off early v wales I think maybe not quite fully fit

Yeah Crosbie. If not fully fit then fair enough. If fit then a bit harsh considering Scotland have 2 wins from 2.

I think Crosbie would've started had he been fit. He does a lot of unseen work and gives the back row good balance with Fagerson and Ritchie.

Mish is an out and out 7 and so either starts or is out of the 23 for me.

I think Crosbie would've started had he been fit. He does a lot of unseen work and gives the back row good balance with Fagerson and Ritchie.

Mish is an out and out 7 and so either starts or is out of the 23 for me.
Sounds like Mish has been selected based on recent Edinburgh performances and from a bit of credit in the bank. Its a fair call he is a class player. Must be expecting a big forwards battle so plenty fresh legs on the bench.

Really up for this, hope we can find a result!

I'm going to wimp out and hedge my bets a bit. If D'Arcy Graham and Kinghorn were in the back 3 and Crosbie was starting I'd be picking a Scottish win. An injury in the backs could be decisive for Scotland with a lack of cover at centre and Kinghorn effectively sole cover for 10 through to 15. Assuming no in game injury issues:

France by 8
(if Scotland are within 3 after 20mins I'm picking them).

Fpujlj6XoAA8cvp.jpeg

Scots need to target that back row at the breakdown. It's tall and strong but lacks a proper open side. The Irish in part won the game last week as they targeted the ruck

Last edited:
Honestly think Scotland is the better team right now. France has looked lost the past two games and unless they took the off week to go over structure Scotland will take them.

France also haven't played at home and have probably had two weeks of grilling from SE, it's certainly winnable from either side but feels like home advantage will see France through a close victory, Scotland also haven't been tested so far by many players who can produce something from nothing which France have a fair few, if Scotland were at home I'd give them a bit more chance.

The biggest challenge for Scotland will be dealing with the physicality up front I think. Ireland nullified France's advantage in that area by winning collisions, clearing rucks accurately, and generating unbelievably quick ball, while denying France any setpiece opportunities. There were only 5 scrums in the whole match, and that was down to low error rate but also looking to play advantage every time France made an error. I think Scotland have a good chance of a win, but trying to play at the necessary pace across their team is going to be a big challenge.

Scotland played a smart kicking game when they won in Paris two years ago and I'm sure France will be wise to that. I expect Russell to try and keep moving their pack around the pitch when he has the ball but France will dominate territory and possession. If Edwards has them pumped and organised defensively then I think France could easily win by 10-15 points especially if the likes of Dupont and Penaud are on song.

Round 1 - 3 away wins

Round 2 - 3 home wins

Round 3 - 2 away wins from 2.

Over to you, Scotland……

Quick question about the Stade de France. Will we be okay with our tickets on our phone or do we need to physically print them out?

From the BBC

"France v Scotland (15:00)

The focus was firmly on one man after Scotland's win over Wales - Finn Russell ran through his full repertoire of flicks and tricks at Murrayfield and became the first Scotland player to register a hat-trick of try assists in the Six Nations.

After the second round of fixtures he was the competition's leading points scorer, had more carries than any other number 10 - as well as the most metres made, most passes, most assists, most kicks in play and most kicked metres.

Some player."

Latest posts