• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] France vs Scotland - 26 February 2023

Scrappy win for France in a very entertaining game overall. Important BP as well.
France is not close to the level they were last year and they will have to fix these discipline issues if they want to do well in the world cup.

Scotland might have had a chance if the French hadn't wasted about 20 mins off the clock
If and buts, chips and nuts, France might have built a bigger score and not conceded a red had Scotland have gone down to 13 like they should have, one red card doesn't negate a yellow from different players.

Scotland the better side for 60 minutes. I. The end the initial 20 mins and 17 point defect was too much to make up

Fra definitely not at the same level as last season. Scotland doing some great things. The ref was up and down like the game.
Lots of time wasting too😕
Certainly better than England Vs Wales anyway!

Great game today though, 14 Vs 14 really suited Scotland more. Sets up for an intriguing home game against Ireland.

I just don't find Russel elite at international level, he makes too many basic errors to be considered a top international 10 for me. He's a luxury player, fun to watch in a game like today though.

I thought he was all over the shop in the first 20 and then had a really good, even outstanding, 40 minutes, and then just indulged himself, kicking the ball when he had opportunities outside, and looking for killer passes when simpler, shorter ones would have served better. Having said that, he is key to how Scotland at their best play, but he seems a bit of an extremely talented loose cannon.

I just wish Russell would tone it down a notch or two. Make the simple pass occasionally. Dont look for the miracle ball every single time. He doesn't have to go conservative. Just pick his moments a little better. If he did that Scotland would be a really good team and would have won a game like todays.

Normal hate of Russell and Hogg. Water off a ducks back nowadays.
Oh I don't hate Russell he's with out a doubt one of the most entertaining players in world rugby, never know if he's going to be a huge part of a worldy score or single handedly score an own goal, as for Hog I can't stand him, certainly displayed in his early career an absolute disgust/hatred towards the English but he's quite happy to earn a living from an English club though. Was a great player doesn't mean I have to like him as an individual.

Normal hate of Russell and Hogg. Water off a ducks back nowadays.
Hogg is an absolute *** who has openly expressed anti English sentiment in the past, play acted on the field, is frequently gobbing off and butchered tries because of his selfishness. He deserves all the hate he gets.

Russell "hate" is less about him and more the fact Scottish commentators gush stupid over him for even things that aren't that impressive. Mistakes are papered over, doing the basics are treated as miracles and the genuinely fantastic stuff has them practically jizzing themselves. This is no different to those who hate all the Farrell hype. Russell is good, has some fantastic moments and I'd take him over Farrell at the drop of a hat but he is not at the level of the praise he receives. He's being talked about as if he is one of the greatest 10's the game has seen and does stuff nobody else can, that's just not the case. He's a bigger risk taker than most, that is his main selling point. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:
Russell is the Carlos Spencer of Scottish rugby. Can win them a match but equally can lose them one as shown today.

0C7F9E18-B54A-4691-B725-1BEC3A6C4B8B.jpeg
EC0E2C2F-A720-4449-954C-E1F1047FEBC5.jpeg

Winning is what matters and as a French, I sometimes feel French people go too hard on their own team. Scotland is a tough squad, with outstanding players. I wish Hamish played more, what a player, was nice to see him back even for such a short time.

Mistakes were made okay (which team doesn't?) and France should have built upon their lead when it was 19-0 (19') or even nailed the game at 22-7(36').

75239BC3-0F27-47CB-A384-C492ACEE5EDD.jpeg

Anyway awesome game, and Ireland-Scotland is going to be MASSIVE!

Few pics from the game!
Hats off to the Scottish fans travelling to Paris!

E518BC99-5117-4FBF-A0BE-862325D999AC.jpeg

Latest posts