• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v England - 18 March 2023

Enjoy the Guinness Irish posters tonight. A well deserved Grand Slam.

Not as bad a pasting, scoreboard wise, than i was expecting. Still, a lot of work for Borthwick and England to do before the RWC.

So we've been playing a man short for half the match, are clearly losing and still Walker and Smith stay on the bench. Great man management.

Think English fans at least learned which of their players are up to this level and a few who aren't. Their pack dug in pretty well, but they need some serious help in the backs. Bar Watson who was very decent.
Don't think we learned anything tbh,
The players who have been playing like **** continued to do so, the ones who've been ok were ok
Manu the only surprise as we thought he'd be completely poor but he had a couple of decent carries early on

That last England attack really summed us up. So one-dimensional. We never looked like properly breaking the gainline.

Can't argue the better team didn't win the game/tournament/grandslam
Ireland head and shoulders above the rest and well deserved

Genuinely pleased for Farrell Sr.

"Greatest Irish team we have ever seen" errrrmm not sure on that maybe one of them.
But Ireland have had some great teams before

Willis was the best England player until he spoilt it with his card

Congrats Ireland

That last England attack really summed us up. So one-dimensional. We never looked like properly breaking the gainline.
Agreed but outnumbered by two what can't you expect it's always going to be a huge ask especially against world No1.

Currently, no one in the back 3 can be judged when they barely get the ball. We are the only team in the 6 nations that looks so lost in attack as England have.

Borthwick has had 8 weeks and there has been zero improvement. I have no optimism for him going forward

Congrats Ireland. Tbh was never in doubt. Just wish we had a better ref for it.

Enjoy Irish lads, I am glad you decided to have the not so good game against England.

Latest posts