English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.32.21.png

Only unenforced change I'd make is Gibson Park. We took some damage on Sunday though, Henshaw and Baird will come in for Henderson and Ringer whilst Sheehan, Kelleher and Doris are all doubts.

England will surely have a bit of fight in them but I see us putting it to bed around the hour mark in consecutive weeks.

I can definitely see England putting up a good fight this week. They can't play as bad as they did last Saturday. Ireland will win but I don't know if it will be a bonus point win. Ireland carrying alot of injuries and England have some wrongs to right. Ireland by 10 points

I just want to see some fight and effort. Not rolling over and having there bellies tickled. If they don't show a little dog and break like a pink waifer again questions will have to be asked

The good teams seem to have one good club team driving coercion. The All Blacks it was Crusaders. Ireland obviously Leinster. France i think is Toulon. England are very mix and match. The one exception is SA but they are blessed with a brilliant front five.

Of course this being England having more dog will translate as stupid cards and penalties.

How many of this England team would get in Irelands first XV? . One maybe two if you are lucky, and christ that's depressing.

Last edited:
I do think England missed a trick not focusing Itoje at 6 years ago.
But it's too late to change it now really. (Or not TBF Lawes transitioned well to 6)

I do think Chessum would also suit 6 with Ludlam and Earl at 7 + 8

I've never been less enthused or bothered about any England match. I literally see no hope. Ireland are too fast, too disciplined, too well organised and too slick for us.

I was at Croke Park in 2007 (great stadium BTW) and we could easily see that 30 point thrashing replicated.

Only hope is if GS nerves get to Ire, but that's hard to see TBH.

So at this point I think the Ireland game needs to be about continuing to blood younger players. I'm sure others will want England to play for pride but, for the long term, experience has go to be more valuable I think.

That said, I know some of these may be out of normal positions, but I would pick:
  • Genge
  • George
  • Sinckler
  • Itoje
  • Ribbans (Not sure if this is his actual position or not)
  • Curry
  • Willis
  • Dombrandt
  • Mitchell
  • Smith
  • Watson
  • Tuilagi? Farrel? Idfk
  • Slade? Marchant? Idfk
  • OHC
  • Steward
Bench:
  • Cole
  • Walker
  • Rodd
  • Martin
  • Ludlam
  • JVP
  • Ford
  • Arundell

Last edited:
I regret arranging to go to a pub with a friend to watch this... I thought we would lose at the time I arranged it but didn't think we could be quite easily looking at half a century for the 2nd week running... Also is there a term for getting the grand slam and 5 bonus points? Grandest slam?

Latest posts