• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v England - 18 March 2023

"Greatest Irish team we have ever seen" errrrmm not sure on that maybe one of them.
But Ireland have had some great teams before
I'd be of opinion the 09 Slam era was our beat of recent times But this is best. Never had we had as good depth but think this is best all rounder team. And we definitely at top of our game but what Faz has given us is we are consistently at top of our game. Like a 7/10 performance feels unacceptable these days

family-guy-headbutt.gif

Actual footage of @Le Frére Alpha picking up Dublin women.

Yep, how the ref managed to miss that is unbelievable. It's literally right Infront of him??

England need to start reacting to foul play in a similar way to sexton. Ludlam needs to roll on the floor holding his face till the tmo picks it up by the TV officials replays.

Willis took a forearm smash to his face from aki in the first half but got straight back up, he needed to roll on the floor.

Just realised I haven't congratulated Ireland on a historic grand slam, my bad.

Well done, fully deserved being the most consistent and quality team during the tournament. Hope it's a messy weekend, enjoy it.

I do apologise for this monologue but I think it needs to be said:
First things first, Ireland totally deserve the Grand Slam over the tournament, they have been the best team consistently over the 5 matches. They and France have elevated NH rugby to a whole new standard and it's great to see.

However, what happened with the red card call today sums up why i am rapidly losing patience with the game at the elite level. Steward was not anticipating that Keenan would pick the ball back up and was clearly bracing himself to avoid potentially getting hurt. He was trying to avoid making any contact at all by turning his shoulder. It wasn't a thrust with the shoulder. Steward was already committed and had no time to react and get himself out of the way. What was he meant to do in that situation?.

This current set of officials are the worst set of international referees I have ever seen. World Rugby are driving the game to ruination and they won't stop until we're playing tag rugby. The RWC could be the final straw. If anything sums up the absolutely desperate state that the game is in it is that players now feel free to milk certain situations to manipulate and influence decisions. Referees are not humans now, they're programmed robots told what to do by people that have never played the game. The rules are a farce and the product is absolutely rancid because of it.

Just realised I haven't congratulated Ireland on a historic grand slam, my bad.

Well done, fully deserved being the most consistent and quality team during the tournament. Hope it's a messy weekend, enjoy it.
Yeah, they were the best side and it is well deserved. Great that they finished it off at a home game

So for how many more games can Borthwick blame EJ?
When did he blame him EJ?

I mean it's pretty clear that EJ has done some pretty serious and long lasting damage to the EPS, but I don't recall Borthwick blaming him - they're friends

Ahh, dunno. You'd say a far more rounded team than 2009 and a far more adaptable team than 2018.
I think this is by far the best we've been. A composite team with second options of the pro Grand Slam teams:

1. Healy (18) - Porter (23)
2. Sheehan (23) - Flannery (09)
3. Furlong (18) - Furlong (23)
4. Beirne (23) - Ryan (18)
5. Ryan (23) - POC(09)
6. Ferris (09) - Leavy (18)
7. VDF (23) - SOB (18)
8. Heaslip (09) - Doris (23)
9. Murray (18) - JGP (23)
10. Sexton (18) - Sexton (23)
11. Fitz (09) - Hansen (23)
12. Henshaw (18) - Aki (23)
13. BOD (09) - Ringer (23)
14. Stockdale (18) - Bowe (09)
15. Keenan (23) - Kearney (09)

2018 was the best starting team my money but there's only two positions up there that the current team don't get in. One of them is James Lowe who has easily been one of our best backs on the current run to the point that we looked blunt without him in the Autumn. The other is POM who has been so incredibly solid. We have an incredibly well rounded team right now, we have star power and we have world class impact. With luck on our side and we can win the world cup, we're as likely as any of the top 4.

Latest posts