• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v England - 18 March 2023

And Aki has previous as well twice IIRC. So clearly hasn't learnt despite being banned.

Edit:

Last World Cup:

v England 2 years ago.

And clear out for club:

Last edited:
Squidge would never agree to that because we didn't say the Farrell/Smith axis in round one was the best 10/12 display in modern rugby history

What I think is worse is that people clearly pick up these incidents so why aren't they cited more? Maybe they will be because there are at least 2 Irish incidents that should be looked at.

If Borthwick was a proper man he would go full Rassie and release a 2 hour long video on Aki and Peyper laying the ground work for an Irish stitch up at the WC.

That work began years ago.

When Australia and New Zealand eventually see the light and join the URC - then the English and French are totally fukked.

We'll even get Superstar Steve Walsh back on the whistle just to make it look even better (mate).

What I think is worse is that people clearly pick up these incidents so why aren't they cited more? Maybe they will be because there are at least 2 Irish incidents that should be looked at.

I do wonder in some cases if it's to prevent causing embarrassment for the officials which is wrong as that shouldn't be the primary motivation. Player safety has to come first and offending players will never learn to remediate their actions if incidents aren't cited, whether missed by the match officials or not.

The hearings irritate me the most. A player should be given the opportunity to put forward their case if they genuinely feel they were harshly dealt with.

The hearings irritate me the most. A player should be given the opportunity to put forward their case if they genuinely feel they were harshly dealt with.
They do, don't they?
In the Prem they do, at least - they put up full reports of the hearings including what each party has to say etc.

They do, don't they?
In the Prem they do, at least - they put up full reports of the hearings including what each party has to say etc.

Yes but players still end up admitting guilt just to get a reduced ban even if they feel they were innocent.

Yes but players still end up admitting guilt just to get a reduced ban even if they feel they were innocent.
There are definitely some players who just admit guilt regardless of how they feel as they know they will lose anyway. Steward would be a perfect example. Not worth risking a longer ban when he'll probably be found guilty anyway.

Aki's one looks bad there alright, a few more angles and I reckon you'd find more than enough reason to give red. Ryan's looks more in the yellow to pen only one on that viewing, would need the reverse angle to see if there was force.

Both significantly less obvious and lower impact than Steward but TMOs should be finding these, and if not they should have assistants on hand to refer things to them (not really sure if this is the case).

The crazy bit is 32 played in this 6Nations for Ireland and argubally 3 or 4 won't go to RWC

And Aki has previous as well twice IIRC. So clearly hasn't learnt despite being banned.

Edit:

Last World Cup:

v England 2 years ago.

And clear out for club:

On the third Aki should have be shown a red just for the blonde hair

😆😆😆

337098424_599978615361463_4782909577102439338_n.jpg

So let's see: In Steward's case you have the sudden change in height of the "tackled" player as a mitigation along with the fact it was an involuntary collision. Ignored. In Underhill's case you have late change in dynamics due to another player (the player he was tackling got rolled over Tuilagi's back rather than falling to the floor as Underhill intended). Both mitigations ignored. 2 Irish collisions to the head with the shoulder, with force and no mitigation, well let's play on eh?

Considering Ireland only really pulled away after the red card, England can have a right to feel aggrieved. The 2 sides were not reffed to the same standard at all. Ireland should have had at least 2 cards, at least 1 a red and potentially both but instead get nothing. England have 2 cases with mitigation and the mitigation was ignored both times. That's just ******* farcical.

When that says " no leading arm when close to the body" does it mean when the arm is close to the body, it isn't a leading arm?

337098424_599978615361463_4782909577102439338_n.jpg

So let's see: In Steward's case you have the sudden change in height of the "tackled" player as a mitigation along with the fact it was an involuntary collision. Ignored.
I don't really agree there was a sudden change, he sends himself flying in shoulder first from about two metres away as Keenan bends over to get the ball, he's rising back up by the time the collision happens.

It is a stonewall red card.

In Underhill's case you have late change in dynamics due to another player (the player he was tackling got rolled over Tuilagi's back rather than falling to the floor as Underhill intended). Both mitigations ignored.
Think this is a reach.

2 Irish collisions to the head with the shoulder, with force and no mitigation, well let's play on eh?
Addressed in my last post.
Considering Ireland only really pulled away after the red card, England can have a right to feel aggrieved. The 2 sides were not reffed to the same standard at all. Ireland should have had at least 2 cards, at least 1 a red and potentially both but instead get nothing. England have 2 cases with mitigation and the mitigation was ignored both times. That's just ******* farcical.
England had the wrong side of the ref for sure but Ireland we're the only team making linebreaks and looking like scoring tries. Ireland lost more losing Keenan who, barring one poor kick was the only Irish back who was really playing to standard, than England did losing Steward too. JOB struggled in his second position.

I don't really agree there was a sudden change, he sends himself flying in shoulder first from about two metres away as Keenan bends over to get the ball, he's rising back up by the time the collision happens.

It is a stonewall red card.

Think this is a reach.

Addressed in my last post.

England had the wrong side of the ref for sure but Ireland we're the only team making linebreaks and looking like scoring tries. Ireland lost more losing Keenan who, barring one poor kick was the only Irish back who was really playing to standard, than England did losing Steward too. JOB struggled in his second position.

Hardly "flying in".

No it's not a reach, if Tuilagi didn't end up where he is, the Irish player simply falls to the floor. As it is, he instead rolls over Tuilagis back which changes it from him simply falling backwards to instead over-rotating. Tuilagi was not there when he started the tackle and swung around after Willis had initiated the tackle, ie a sudden change in the situation for the tackler.

Ireland were the better side but how different would things have been if you were missing 2 players as opposed to England? Ireland were looking better but the game was far from lost before the red. 3 of the 4 tries came after that. It's a massive discrepancy in how the 2 sides were reffed. Going from potentially losing 2 players for the rest of the game to having a 1 then 2 man advantage in the period where you scored 3 tries is huge. This is doubly so when the 2 Irish incidents we have seen were easily as bad if not worse than the English ones. In both cases the Irish players had no mitigation whatsoever, they were fully in control of a stable situation and chose to chuck their shoulders into Ludlams face. Those collisions are exactly the ones the reds are supposed to stop.

Latest posts