• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v England - 18 March 2023

I thought something looked off when watching the game, but the seatbelt tackle combined with the no arms charge to the head with no mitigation is not a good look for the game.

Another moment during the game, Sexton was holding his head despite no prior high contact but dubious tackle by Dombrandt, to which Farrell queried the ref as to why Sexton hadn't gone off for a HIA if he was in some distress. Either Sexton was play acting or he did take a knock, either way that is again not a good look for the game.

It would appear that a number of English fans have trawled through the footage for deeds of unutterable filth by the Irish, and that the citing commissioner with multiple angles of these alleged outrages doesn't seem to have located any. This is not particularly a dig at you but to be quite honest this mantle of victimhood that some English people have embraced isn't a good look either.

I think this would have been done and dusted here had a river in Egypt not unexpectedly moved in. 👀

As for the citing process, does anyone have genuine faith in it?

How come you're allowed to talk about player safety re:Stewards actions but no one is allowed to talk about player safety re: Ryan/Aki (a multi multi time repeat offender)/Henshaw's actions lest they be labeled a sore loser

How come you're allowed to talk about player safety re:Stewards actions but no one is allowed to talk about player safety re: Ryan/Aki (a multi multi time repeat offender)/Henshaw's actions lest they be labeled a sore loser

Maybe because it's probably not an unreasonable estimate to suggest those three contacts combined had less force than Steward's and that the first consideration of the protocol is force.

Arguing that any of them are red cards but Steward's isn't shows how ******* stupid this all is. We've pulled up a old clip of an 8 year old Finn Russell getting an obvious red card in some comparison in favour of Prince Freddie. It's all just lost it's grip on reality.

View attachment 16371
"We've checked it for you, Jaco, and the player is wearing white - so play on"
It's a penalty only but it's definitely a penalty - Hansen is over the shoulder and stays there throughout the whole tackle as he drags him down

Shoulder to the head as part of the same tackle as well

Thank you but I thought he swung his arm into Watson head but he's waring white so play on

No one is saying you can't talk about it, regardless of how whiny you sound. IBut apparently you would have shut up if we Irish had only agreed with you, per the previous poster. The realty however is that the referee, TJs, TMO, and citing commissioner have all decided that the Irish players have no case to answer in any of the cases you've been whipping yourselves into a frenzy about. Not even a citing warning. for an offence deemed worthy of a yellow card. So now the citing process is the next target. Ffs, give it a rest.

Are you suggesting they should have invented red card offences in the name of player safety? Just because you think they are doesn't make them so. As we can see from Nudgers comment about Hansens "swinging arm" on Watson, sometimes we see what we want to see rather than what actually happened.

Can someone open the URC thread for this week and we can all get back the real mans game and not this mickey mouse international stuff of last few weeks. Anyone even Leinster academy players can play that. This URC is where it counts.

Please and Thanks in advance :)

I'll admit this has been frustrating to read, I didn't watch the game as getting drunk in London was way more fun. But to see days of whinging is frustrating.

Congratulations Ireland, deserved grand slam champions and clearly the best team in the world at the moment. Should be pretty good contenders going into the world cup. /discussion for me at least.

So, have we moved on to victimisation by citing? There really is no end to the injustices heaped upon you.
I'll have to add reading your posts trying to bait people to the list…

Before outcome of disciplinary hearing published.
I hope the outcome is Red card in match was only punishment required.
After result I will say why.
NB.I 100% see why a red was issued.

I'll admit this has been frustrating to read, I didn't watch the game as getting drunk in London was way more fun. But to see days of whinging is frustrating.
Did you like the London prices?

Latest posts