Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Screenshot_20230206_201647.jpg

Furlong, Healy and Fetish all out. I reckon we go from 5-7 point favourites to it being evens at best with that.

Hopefully another uninspiring Frenxch performance away from home.

For the twenty seconds when france weren't giving away a penalty against Italy they looked good. I reckon Ireland wins if jgp starts, otherwise france

After being read the riot act by Galthie and Edwards, I think France will come out a different beast here. A lot of those penalties against them at the weekend could have gone the other way with a different referee. 18 penalties sounds horrendous but a lot of them were interpretation IMO. This game truly is 50/50 but I think France will win by 3.

After coming close to an upset in Rome, and with a home RWC this Autumn - France have no excuse to be complacent here.
This will be the match they've been targetting all season, the ONE pre RWC match that will require peak performance - I just can't see them being disinterested.

Of course, they still haven't fully shaken off the "Which France Will Show Up?" conundrum, but for this one?

If both teams play to their ability, it'll be a cracking match, but I'd back France to win by 4-5 points.
If either team shows up at 95%, they will lose (and I can't see this Ireland team ever doing that).

This really ought to be the match of the tourney

Without Gibson Park I don't think we can hit our 100%, scrum will be an issue too after the props are replaced without Furlong and Healy.

I back us to beat anyone in Dublin though and a 4 point spread with the bookies looks right to me. This will be France's most impressive win of the world cup cycle if they pull it off imo.

Without JGP, assuming he starts CM, I can't see us recycling enough quick ball for the gameplan to work.

If he goes with CC, and he has a dream game, then could do it.

Think we'll fall short on the French tackling a slower ponderous us to a standstill.

This is the match I have been waiting for. # 1 and 2 ranked playing each other in RWC year.
Going on last weeks results you'd have to back Ireland. But I believe France can get much better than v Italy.
Wales were beaten before half time so difficult to judge a full 80 min Ireland.
Can't see a big points difference to either side in this one, but home advantage may just swing it in Irelands favour.

This is the match I have been waiting for. # 1 and 2 ranked playing each other in RWC year.
Going on last weeks results you'd have to back Ireland. But I believe France can get much better than v Italy.
Wales were beaten before half time so difficult to judge a full 80 min Ireland.
Can't see a big points difference to either side in this one, but home advantage may just swing it in Irelands favour.
The difference is Italy pushed France and Wales didn't push Ireland

I just can't see a situation where France are hungrier, or even equally hungry. Even setting aside the penalties last week they were bloody awful. No physicality against a weaker pack, largely anonymous at 10, 12 & 15 and just phoning it in. I don't think you turn that around in a week.

N'tamack says Ireland are comfortably favourites, that worries me, generally you can tell the French are worried when they act confident.

Saturday is going to be a brutal game of rugby.

Home advantage is a huge thing in this tournament and I think you can read precisely nothing into last week's games. They won't say so publicly but both sides will have had more than an eye on this.

Fra have everything to gain here - an away win against the no1 team. Conversely Ire have more to lose.

Too tight to call. Head says Ire by a short nose, but may all depend which side of bed Dupont gets out of.

Home advantage is a huge thing in this tournament and I think you can read precisely nothing into last week's games. They won't say so publicly but both sides will have had more than an eye on this.

Fra have everything to gain here - an away win against the no1 team. Conversely Ire have more to lose.

Too tight to call. Head says Ire by a short nose, but may all depend which side of bed Dupont gets out of.
Didn't help anyone last weekend

Possible Ireland team (v France):

15. Hugo Keenan
14. Mack Hansen
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Stuart McCloskey
11. James Lowe
10. Johnny Sexton (captain)
9. Conor Murray/Craig Casey
1. Andrew Porter
2. Dan Sheehan/Rob Herring
3. Finlay Bealham
4. Tadhg Beirne
5. James Ryan
6. Peter O'Mahony
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Caelan Doris

Sheehan and Murray injury doubts. This would be an all timer if they pull it off.

Would absolutely start Aki but McCloskey deserves his go.

We will win this. Andy Farrell is the first Irish coach to have built a true squad and seems to welcome the disruptions.

Latest posts