[2023 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales 11 March 2023. Kickoff 14:15

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
Italy will leapfrog Wales in the ranking with any win. Don't fluff your lines!
For one week only I dont want to see Patchell anywhere near the Welsh teamsheet. Priestland and Halfpenny please!

Hoping Italy get the winning bug satisfied by pumping Wales this week so that they are more chilled for Murrayfield ;)

This could be tough for Wales, the Italians can play ball and play it well.

Will it be Allan at 15? Don't think they've called another back three player up

Padovani 15 with Menoncello to wing maybe? Think they're low on centres also though so it'll be a real stress test for the outside backs.

Doesn't bode well at all. It's bad when players look for external excuses to bad performances, worse when those excuses are legitimate.

I am pleased that I have other commitments this Saturday so won't be watching the game live. I like Italy but beating Wales must be getting kind of boring now so hopefully they'll go easy on us.

Joking aside, I think it's fair they're favourites and I won't be at all surprised if they win (in fact I kinda expect it) but I reckon we'll scrape a scrappy win to be honest.

Six Nations 2023: Italy make just one enforced change to face Wales - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64792429

Italy: Tommaso Allan; Edoardo Padovani, Juan Ignacio Brex, Tommaso Menoncello, Pierre Bruno; Paolo Garbisi, Stephen Varney; Danilo Fischetti, Giacomo Nicotera, Simone Ferrari, Niccolo Cannone, Federico Ruzza, Sebastian Negri, Michele Lamaro, Lorenzo Cannone.

Replacements: Luca Bigi, Federico Zani, Marco Riccione, Edoardo Iachizzi, Giovanni Pettinelli, Manuel Zuliani, Alessandro Fusco, Luca Morisi

Wales are really gonna struggle if O. Williams goes down. Would be a looking at a 10. Hawkins 12. Grady 13. North midfield.

Wales are really gonna struggle if O. Williams goes down. Would be a looking at a 10. Hawkins 12. Grady 13. North midfield.
I hope he does go down. Would love to have a look at Hawkins at 10. **** it.

Shame we don't have Kieran Williams on the bench.

More annoying things than positive. Really the only thing I'm happy about is no fly half cover on the bench so we might see Hawkins at 10

I understand the thinking of having experienced players around the young players you're looking to blood (even though I disagree, at this stage I'd be more radical as it's either 5th or 6th so who really cares, prize money probably doesn't either differ that much either I'd imagine) but he's picked, all to start, Wyn Jones, Francis, Owens, Beard,Tips and Faletau. Sure, if you want to say it's about playing some experienced players playing around the younger ones but you're taking about just Morgan in that starting pack. Why the **** isn't Tshiunza playing every game, why aren't we looking to give Rhys Davies more minutes? Why is Baldwin still getting a look in over Roberts? Where's Leon Brown or Rhys Carre who done well. It's ridiculous. Rant over for now.

Yeah there's way too much chop and change between games. I don't see the sense in it to bring in young players to start and then remove them from the 23. And then also to pick players like Francis and Jones and eject Brown and Carre.

All the same am intrigued where this takes us to the world cup xv we pick, as surely we will settle on a more consistent choice soon. But that doesn't seem promising the way it's going...

banning super mario GIF

Wales: Liam Williams; Josh Adams, Mason Grady, Joe Hawkins, Rio Dyer; Owen Williams, Rhys Webb; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens (capt), Tomas Francis, Dafydd Jenkins, Adam Beard, Jac Morgan, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Gareth Thomas, Dillon Lewis, Rhys Davies, Tommy Reffell, Tomos Williams, George North, Louis Rees-Zammit.

Minozzi not even getting a sniff of the 23. His star had fallen so far since his big injury a few years ago so that's a pretty unthreatening backline combination. And not even Halfpenny to give me hope. If Owen William's doesnt get injured then...

Wales by 4

The wooden spoon decider commences

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is it me, or do you think Italy will get a red and wales to win?

Latest posts