• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales 11 March 2023. Kickoff 14:15

If only Italy had played like this in the first we would be having a much better game, score wise

Italy's hands have been dreadful today and although wales have won it I'd still have big concerns. They've been ripped apart numerous times and the attack would worry top teams at all. The story is the same for all the regions.

WRU need to take a big big look at themselves.

Italy's hands have been dreadful today and although wales have won it I'd still have big concerns. They've been ripped apart numerous times and the attack would worry top teams at all. The story is the same for all the regions.

WRU need to take a big big look at themselves.
Low on confidence though, so you have to take these

God we're poor. We had some luck on our side and Italy butchered most of their chances. We created absolutely nothing behind!

I don't understand any of our attacking play, we just hit it up once in midfield without support and if we manage to avoid a turnover we then kick on the next phase. That's about it really.

Result has changed nothing for me, we're as bad as I've ever seen us.

God we're poor. We had some luck on our side and Italy butchered most of their chances. We created absolutely nothing behind!

I don't understand any of our attacking play, we just hit it up once in midfield without support and if we manage to avoid a turnover we then kick on the next phase. That's about it really.

Result has changed nothing for me, we're as bad as I've ever seen us.
I thought we were better than we had been in the first half with some of the plays, but second half it all fell apart again. Lucky to have the lead we had and the fact Italy just couldn't finish.

I thought we were better than we had been in the first half with some of the plays, but second half it all fell apart again. Lucky to have the lead we had and the fact Italy just couldn't finish.
Fully deserved win, it's a shame that Wales weren't really tested much as I think it would have helped all parties. I wonder if Italy thought they just had to show up to win at home? Had an air of that given what I saw on the pitch first half (NGL, skipped second to grab food as I'd seen enough and watched some clips instead). I'm very curious to see how that style goes against France, with a bit of grit and France getting frustrated by it I think there's an outside chance. Not exactly going to win a world cup though and I'd like to see something slightly more adventurous given there's not much to lose right now.

I picked a Welsh victory, a tale of two fullbacks and I suspected Italy would fluff their lines but man that was still excruciating.

This was a great example of a team playing above average expansive play and not used to winning big matches completely messing up due to expectation creating pressure. More of the same at Murrayfield tomorrow I suspect.

Very hard to evaluate if Wales made progress since the start of the 6N. I think they might have but we'll know more next time out.

Fully deserved win, it's a shame that Wales weren't really tested much as I think it would have helped all parties. I wonder if Italy thought they just had to show up to win at home? Had an air of that given what I saw on the pitch first half (NGL, skipped second to grab food as I'd seen enough and watched some clips instead). I'm very curious to see how that style goes against France, with a bit of grit and France getting frustrated by it I think there's an outside chance. Not exactly going to win a world cup though and I'd like to see something slightly more adventurous given there's not much to lose right now.
I know what you mean, but I struggle to see how they'd be complacent - I don't think they were expecting the rush defence and how accurate it was in the first half. It really put them off. Before the game it was clear the Italians were pumped up. As Dull said - the lack of attacking potency in the second half today is a massive worry for next week. If we do throw caution to the wind it could get ugly. Looks like Liam will be out as well and that's a massive loss.

I think France will finish their chances net week and it'll be quite a big score against Wales away from home. They'll need a big score as well if Sco win tomorrow. Can't see England turning Ireland over in the Aviva.

Jamie Roberts talking total bullocks

I know what you mean, but I struggle to see how they'd be complacent - I don't think they were expecting the rush defence and how accurate it was in the first half. It really put them off. Before the game it was clear the Italians were pumped up. As Dull said - the lack of attacking potency in the second half today is a massive worry for next week. If we do throw caution to the wind it could get ugly. Looks like Liam will be out as well and that's a massive loss.

I think France will finish their chances net week and it'll be quite a big score against Wales away from home. They'll need a big score as well if Sco win tomorrow. Can't see England turning Ireland over in the Aviva.
I don't think we will lose as much as England did today 🤣🤣

Oh what a perfect day. Not only did we win as underdogs but France smashed and I mean smashed England at the fortress called twickers LMAO. Diolch yn fawr allez Les bleus my Breton cousins 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇫🇷