TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Screenshot_20230307-102653_Chrome.jpg

Me in Edinburgh all weekend:

Sounds nicer than a rendition of Ireland's Call :p
Cold snap is to end on Sunday, so weather isn't a variable.

Ireland never seem to show nerves in the 6N since the Kidney years, so I'd make them pretty sizeable favourites here even if I'm been impressed by the Scottish pack (to the extent they might not get bullied here).

This 6N is an odd one with an unlikely outcome of scotland winning and denying ireland any BPs. Means 3 teams of Ireland Scotland and England or France being on 15.

Going into the last with im guessing scotland as favourites being vs Italy.

Otherwise Ireland get the Slam which is more likely.

I am arrogantly confident for this one to be honest. Is it the best Scotland team of the 6 nations era? Probably. But its the best Ireland team ever, and we're the best team in the world. If this game is 10 times I think we win at least 9.

Scotland will have to hope the game gets very very weird to win, mano o mano, they don't have a prayer.

Bar VdM over Hansen I wouldn't swap another player for their opposite number.

Regardless fo the outcome I am psyched for this game, Scotland on the best form we have had for years and are at home. Ireland obviously #1 and still on for a Slam. An upset with the chance to go into the Italy game still able to win the tournament is too exciting ('99 is a loooooooong time ago), just hope there is no cards, no dodgy reffing and a decent contest.

I am arrogantly confident for this one to be honest. Is it the best Scotland team of the 6 nations era? Probably. But its the best Ireland team ever, and we're the best team in the world. If this game is 10 times I think we win at least 9.

Scotland will have to hope the game gets very very weird to win, mano o mano, they don't have a prayer.

Bar VdM over Hansen I wouldn't swap another player for their opposite number.
Was trying to disagree there, but it's a tough one. Although I'd take Finn over Sexton depending on the style/opposition.

If Darcy was fit, he'd start in a combined XV, too.

Was trying to disagree there, but it's a tough one. Although I'd take Finn over Sexton depending on the style/opposition.

The props aren't too far off given Furlong's absence to be fair and I'm assuming JGP starts, Ben White has been a bit of revelation to me if no one else this tournament, think he's a very nice 9.

A lot of our best players play the same position, a few tasty match ups to look forward to.

Finn playing behind that Irish pack would be so filthy it would need to come with a Parental Advisory warning.

He had strapping on his leg after going off for Racing at the weekend. Could you imagine if Ben Healy is parachuted in to take his place on Sunday. If Russell is out I can see it happening with versatile Kinghorn staying on the bench.

I can't really disagree but remember BOD made similar remarks pre 2019 WC and it didn't age well.
It was before the Emgland game in the 2019 six nations, essentially the exact same quote.

Importantly however, I was very worried about that game, so I'm sure everything will be fine this time!

Bonus Point by half time?
Scots usually crumble the more the light is on them. And worst thing for them is Ireland have players coming back but also 2 weeks to plan.

Bonus Point by half time?
Scots usually crumble the more the light is on them. And worst thing for them is Ireland have players coming back but also 2 weeks to plan.
English supporters have been saying that for the last six years

In case you didn't notice Scotland have had 2 weeks as well

English supporters have been saying that for the last six years

In case you didn't notice Scotland have had 2 weeks as well
Yes but huge difference between England and Ireland at this moment.

And Finn Russell didn't have 2 weeks off in fact looked fairly banjaxed the weekend

Johnny needs 8 points on Saturday to become the all time leading points scorer in the 6n.

I wouldn't want to be near me in the stand when he does, it's going to be disgusting.

IRELAND (possible): Hugo Keegan (Leinster); Mack Hansen (Connacht), Garry Ringrose (Leinster), Bundee Aki (Connacht), James Lowe (Leinster); Johnny Sexton (Leinster, capt), Jamison Gibson-Park (Leinster); Andrew Porter (Leinster), Dan Sheehan (Leinster), Tadhg Furlong (Leinster); James Ryan (Leinster), Iain Henderson (Ulster); Peter O'Mahony (Munster), Josh van der Flier (Leinster), Caelan Doris (Leinster).
Replacements: Rónan Kelleher (Leinster), David Kilcoyne (Munster)/Cian Healy (Leinster), Tom O'Toole (Ulster), Ryan Baird (Leinster), Jack Conan (Leinster), Conor Murray (Munster), Ross Byrne (Leinster), Robbie Henshaw (Leinster).

Latest posts