• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales - 11 February 2023

If anyone has any footage of Gatland thumping the desk with a face like thunder in his box please do share.

Deano Deano Deano. After his tweet and pre match interview Biggar is already a shoe in for the tw4t of the week award and so there's no point trying to give him a run for his money.
I legit don't know anything about this, will try to find links later.

Congrats Scotland. Very clinical in the Welsh 22. Russell is overhyped, but he changed the game today. Scotland need to target the France game because 2nd is up for grabs now they've secured 3rd.

Wales are in trouble. Honestly they look a complete mess and Italy have to be targeting back to back wins and not getting the wooden spoon.

Congrats Scotland. Very clinical in the Welsh 22. Russell is overhyped, but he changed the game today. Scotland need to target the France game because 2nd is up for grabs now they've secured 3rd.

Wales are in trouble. Honestly they look a complete mess and Italy have to be targeting back to back wins and not getting the wooden spoon.
Not impossible in Paris, they won there last time

It's largely because of Pivac.
Not sure I agree with this. The obvious comparison is England, who have clearly seen a fair number of changes for the better. Time will provide more clarity but as it stands, what have Wales improved upon in the last two games from what went before?

FotOVRRXwAEuldm.jpeg.jpg

I was rubbing shoulders with lovely Welsh fans in Edinburgh and Glasgow last night and actually felt a bit sad towards the end of that. I thought their new starts exceeded expectations in the first half (although Scotland were poor), but Wales sort of capitulated.

Wales being eliminated after two games is no bad thing. They need to experiment and find a new lineup and identity for the RWC. Not being in the running means they can do this without any restriction and target hitting top form in the RWC knockouts. I still rate Wales as having a far, far higher chance of reaching the RWC knockouts than Scotland, and possibly Ireland.

Not sure I agree with this. The obvious comparison is England, who have clearly seen a fair number of changes for the better. Time will provide more clarity but what have Wales improved upon in the last two games from what went before?
I think that in the last 6N and the Autumn Internationals team/player development was poorly managed and coached. There wasn't a platform to build on and Gatland is trying to piece together a team that's lost its identity and confidence. One of those games was against the best team in the world.

Im not a believer that the poor form of the pro clubs are the main issue as Wales have won slams when they have been poor, but what Wales did do in that era was bring through players to the international team well over a 10 year period, and it hasn't happened over the past 2/3 and I blame the Pivac years for that. There are a number of other factors that are contributing to this too in Welsh rugby, but that's just my view.

Latest posts