English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 09.16.53.png

As mentioned in (some?) other threads the GOAT is unfortunately out of this one as he failed an HIA the previous weekend against Ireland so not so sure who's gonna rally the troops, (well, aside from Gats that is). Some people talk about that we have many leaders in the squad, but I'm not so sure.. definitely not in the same mould as AWJ anyway 🙂🙃

Anyway, Rhys Davies has had a pretty good season so far for the Ospreys so if he'd get some game time I think it'd be well deserved for the lad.

I'd actually say AWJ is the best lock we've got at the moment as well so even before you consider the loss of leadership we'll miss him on the pitch against Scotland, a lot more than we would've missed Beard had he been injured.

I'd like to see a 6/2 split on the bench.

Carre, Owens, Brown, Jenkins, Davies, Morgan, Tips, Faletau, Williams, Biggar, Adams, Hawkins, Grady, Dyer, Williams

Bench: Roberts, Thomas, Lewis, Beard, Tshiunza, Reffell, Webb, Owen Williams

From an Ospreys supporters POV it'd be nice if Owen Williams had some game time as well as Biggar was far from his best against Ireland. But perhaps Gats will think he deserves another chance we'll see..

Everything about last weekend's games would suggest to me that Scotland should win this but this is a six nations game that has Wales win written all over it.

My prediction is still Scotland but I'll be monitoring the odds and if Wales go out a bit closer to 3/1 (currently 23/10) they'll be worth a 10er imo.

Everything about last weekend's games would suggest to me that Scotland should win this but this is a six nations game that has Wales win written all over it.

My prediction is still Scotland but I'll be monitoring the odds and if Wales go out a bit closer to 3/1 (currently 23/10) they'll be worth a 10er imo.
Yeah form would suggest a Scotland win but our record over them is so dominant home and away (slightly better for Scotland at home obviously) that I kind of expect to win to be honest.

How come AWJ is available? I thought he was out because of the 10 day return to play HIA protocol
Was thinking the same thing - it's a 12 day minimum stand down in the Premiership, is it different at international level?

Was thinking the same thing - it's a 12 day minimum stand down in the Premiership, is it different at international level?

I thought it was 10 days but not 100% certain. Gatland said he was definitely out in his post match presser on Saturday. I hope he isn't now concocting a cover story and jeopardising player safety.

Last edited:
I can see the problem. The Doctor would have at first tested and compared reaction speed, memory and pace results compared against an average of age of 20-25yo rugby players.

When you adjust pace, memory and reaction speed by another twenty years the results would then show an above average reaction speed, memory and pace when compared with the average OAP. Or in this case Dan Cole as the nearest comparison.

Last edited:
I think we just have to trust the WRU medics on this - I mean, if anyone is going to be on the ball for concussion risks and signs, it's the WRU medics...
Erm...

I'd be starting AWJ and dropping Beard out of the match day squad. Start AWJ and Davies and take off AWJ around the 50 min mark for Jenkins.

Latest posts