• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales v Ireland - 5 February 2023

Give them F all of an excuse over there. Funny thing is the dry ball probably suits FazBall better that GatBall
Depends how Gats approaches it. I mean we've got dual opensides, a baller at 9, a distributor at 12, and a back 3 that can counter. Ireland are the ones with the Gatlandesque lump at 12...

Give them F all of an excuse over there. Funny thing is the dry ball probably suits FazBall better that GatBall
They said in the AIs that on a dry day the roof being closed actually makes the ball slippier - humidity goes through the roof at pitch level or something like that

I can see us trying to bore them to death to be honest. We've played good rugby but when we have an extra man or are against weaker opposition we tend to suck the life out of them with very slow and attrition rugby.

I'm assuming Henshaw is injured. Haven't seen him play in what feels like ages. Is he out of the whole 6N?

Depends how Gats approaches it. I mean we've got dual opensides, a baller at 9, a distributor at 12, and a back 3 that can counter. Ireland are the ones with the Gatlandesque lump at 12...
But Wales seem to struggle when the roof's closed and the surface is wet. Their handling seems to go awry with a wet ball.

But Wales seem to struggle when the roof's closed and the surface is wet. Their handling seems to go awry with a wet ball.
Honestly, that comment was said with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I'm not expecting Wales to throw the ball about, and I also think McCloskey is far more than 'just a lump'.

They said in the AIs that on a dry day the roof being closed actually makes the ball slippier - humidity goes through the roof at pitch level or something like that
True but I just think we have players all over that are in superb form. @dullonien you say we have a lump at 12 but to be fair McCloskey has very good hands. I think our backrow as a whole out shines Welsh backrow and looking at it (and I accept Ospreys are going well) line by line there is huge gaps.
Ken Owens is a fine player but new captain. This traditionally burdens a player for first 18months where I believe we have form hooker in world in Dan Sheehan.
Tadhg Beirne is in super form and Ryan going well.
Backrow mentioned is all going well and battle hardened.
9 we have good pace here to combat.
Sexton is Sexton and I think our backs are better.
I'm factoring in like of Liam Williams is not 100% match fit or sharp

Honestly, that comment was said with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I'm not expecting Wales to throw the ball about, and I also think McCloskey is far more than 'just a lump'.
Ah sorry, my bad. I still reckon it'll be much closer than people think, not always pretty, with Ireland pulling away a little in the final ten.

Screenshot_2023-02-02-16-39-06-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

We live in strange times. Strange times indeed.

I'm getting deja vu to 2015 WC in the group games. I was convinced we'd smash them with their ever-growing injury list. I really see there being 3 points in this match

I don't think anyone thinks it'll be easy, Wales in Cardiff shouldn't be.

It's also the sort of match that the number 1 team in the world should navigate without a huge scare. No one seems to respect that number 1 status and I reckon that's driving the side to prove it.

I don't think anyone thinks it'll be easy, Wales in Cardiff shouldn't be.

It's also the sort of match that the number 1 team in the world should navigate without a huge scare. No one seems to respect that number 1 status and I reckon that's driving the side to prove it.
The number 1 status is largely a flawed metric and a bit wishy washy. Wales were world number 1 ffs for a time in the same year they failed to really challenge any southern hemisphere team

The number 1 status is largely a flawed metric and a bit wishy washy. Wales were world number 1 ffs for a time in the same year they failed to really challenge any southern hemisphere team
We've beaten every tri nations team whilst world number 1 and held it at the end of consecutive international windows. No one would be questioning it if it was NZ who held it like that!

Never heard of the guy before - would he be the first Hawaiian player in tier 1?

Never heard of the guy before - would he be the first Hawaiian player in tier 1?
He's a strange one. Came over through Eddie O'Sullivan. Contracted to Leinster, but didn't play much. Came to us, looked like he wouldn't do much, but he's broken out this year in a big way.

Latest posts