• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales vs England - 25 February 2023

10 years ago Leigh Halfpenny had a better turn of pace than Dan Cole
YU6GUJH7ZJCGBIMICRAG6TINCU.jpg

"They keep getting older, I just stay the same age"

I can't remember the game but I distinctly remember him sliding on the ground to catch a ball in traffic and making a break it was defiantly one for the highlight reel, probably not stand out by skill levels and standards now but for its time it was exceptional.
This about Halfpenny or Cole?

Remember when Halfpenny was the youngest player on the 09 Lions tour? Because I do and now I'm sitting here terrified of the inexorable march of time.
Seeing players whole careers play out in front of you is very odd

Like when everyone was calling for that young whippersnapper from Leinster to be given a fair crack at playing 10 for Ireland ahead of ROG, and now everyone jokes about him being the oldest player in the all the lands

Aging Matt Damon GIF

In the first half against Scotland we played significantly better than yesterday. For me, we were as bad as I've seen us yesterday. We lost against a poor side with England leaving 10 points on the field. Italy will beat us in Rome of they play like they have done in every second half so far by 10.

I was hugely impressed with Italy, with a lot of their back play reminiscent of Irelands in the first half of the third Test in NZ. Their attacking structure and pace had Irelands normally excellent defensive structure all over the place at times, and their ability to sustain it over 80 minutes was incredible. They will have got huge confidence from the performance despite the loss, and they will be licking their lips after that Welsh display. a lot will depend on their injury situation, with a few players, including Garbisi, looking like they shipped knocks in the last 20 minutes.

Seeing players whole careers play out in front of you is very odd

Like when everyone was calling for that young whippersnapper from Leinster to be given a fair crack at playing 10 for Ireland ahead of ROG, and now everyone jokes about him being the oldest player in the all the lands

Aging Matt Damon GIF
It's worse in football when you start seeing Lilian Thuram and Enrico Chiesa's kids playing for their national sides. I find that genuinely upsetting. It is like being slapped in the face.

I'm off to look at a photo of young whippersnapper AWJ for 5 minutes. Doing that is better than the Holy Grail at restoring youthful vigour for those of us of a certain age.

It's worse in football when you start seeing Lilian Thuram and Enrico Chiesa's kids playing for their national sides. I find that genuinely upsetting. It is like being slapped in the face.

I'm off to look at a photo of young whippersnapper AWJ for 5 minutes. Doing that is better than the Holy Grail at restoring youthful vigour for those of us of a certain age.
0_alunwyn06.jpg

Ah those gorgeous locks of fine hair, how he must miss them.

So he left Smith on the bench because the game was close, somehow ignoring the fact the game was close because of Farrell.

So he left Smith on the bench because the game was close, somehow ignoring the fact the game was close because of Farrell.
Which also stinks of not trusting Smith. I genuinely wonder if all coaches just live in a different reality regarding Farrell. for a while now he's shown to make poor decisions personally on the field, cannot win the ref over, is a poor captain, gets hot headed, is missing his kicks (both at goal and for position), it butchering overlaps, has a record for high tackles and has no running game whatsoever.

He may look good at Sarries but I'd be prepared to bet you put Smith or Ford at 10 for Sarries and they would look even better. I am prepared to give Borthwick leeway regarding tactics and selection due to how his hands are tied but his sub choices are entirely his fault and he seems to be firmly in the Eddies Jones school of ******* about with your subs and not fully utilising them. We cannot go to a world cup with half the bench not trusted to finish a game off.

SB will drop Smith for Ford ASAP, as he no intention of allowing Smith to run a game
I think he might let him sit on the bench for the rest of the 6 nations. But after that he will make a 36 man squad and then get cut

Seems like Borthwick likes a fly half that would ignore a 3-1 to drop a high bomb from inside the opposition's 22 😕

Just remember SB was crap as England captain and showed limited all round rugby intelligence

No reason to think he will be any different as Eng head coach

He is a good line out coach

Just remember SB was crap as England captain and showed limited all round rugby intelligence

No reason to think he will be any different as Eng head coach

He is a good line out coach
TBF I wonder how many rugby coaches showed much intelligence as players. English rugby culture as a whole is insanely conservative compared to other nations. How often have we been known for playing attractive rugby?

Latest posts