• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales vs England - 25 February 2023

That would be fair if Farrell was a safe option but he's not even that, he's arguably more prone to imploding than Ford or Smith when things go wrong and doesn't have the tools to stop the game sliding away once it has begun. Some of England's biggest implosions / collapses have been with Farrell at the helm and to which he has actively contributed.
Not saying it's a good decision, just that by playing safe, Borthwick can shift some blame onto Jones until after the world cup by keeping most players the same. If he changes too much then he has to shoulder more of the blame.

How are his stats for Sarries? Alex Lowe in the Times suggesting it might be linked to his ankle injuries? Or needs to change his technique.
Definitely think so, as most misses early in the season were pulled left, as though he couldn't hold himself on his left ankle, and last week he was over compensating at starting it out right to draw back but they didnt come back.
In golf terms he has rectified the pull with a block. This sounds like he cannot hold his weight on left side and so is now not striking through the ball.
Basically needs to get the ankle better ir stop kicking.
We won the RWC on the back of a kicker, and it is still the same.

Definitely think so, as most misses early in the season were pulled left, as though he couldn't hold himself on his left ankle, and last week he was over compensating at starting it out right to draw back but they didnt come back.
In golf terms he has rectified the pull with a block. This sounds like he cannot hold his weight on left side and so is now not striking through the ball.
Basically needs to get the ankle better ir stop kicking.
We won the RWC on the back of a kicker, and it is still the same.
Yeah but the stats show he's never been the iceman. Tbh it seems media generated and people have bought into it. He's average at best and now unreliable.

Lock this thread and launch it into space.
Ask an ye shall receive

Launch into space.jpg

Reading that thread, am I misunderstanding what being a clutch kicker means? As far as I'm aware it's getting kicks in high pressure situations… but you're still supposed to get the easy ones too.

Reading that thread, am I misunderstanding what being a clutch kicker means? As far as I'm aware it's getting kicks in high pressure situations… but you're still supposed to get the easy ones too.
I think that's exactly the point being made.
Ruck still calls Farrell a Clutch Kicker, whilst also acknowledging that he's not good enough at kicking...

Ruck still calls Farrell a Clutch Kicker, whilst also acknowledging that he's not good enough at kicking...
If only there was a way of not having to make clutch kicks by making the easy ones and not other botching chances....y'know just a theory.

Reading back through it, I can now see the sarcastic nuance…. I think.

Latest posts