22 ABs to miss half of the S14

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Ripper, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Ripper

Ripper Guest

http://xtramsn.co.nz/rugby/0,,12416-6191805,00.html

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Won't really trouble kiwi teams chances of winning. Plenty of depth.

4. Mehrtsisagod

Mehrtsisagod Guest

Bah Canterbury is going to be f'ed over. I don't even think I'll bother watching it. It will be like the Air New Zealand Cup all over again.

I heard Australia & South Africa are thinking of doing the same.

5. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

This must suck for kiwi fans... i hope the Force dont do the same.

It'll be interesting to see how a team like the Crusaders go without Carter,McCaw,Gear,Mauger,Jack,MacDonald..etc.

9.Ellis
    10.McIntyre
    11.Hamilton
    12.Lualala
    13.Ralph
    14.Yates
    15.Brett

A backline somthing like that doesn't look very intimidating.

6. esoj

esoj Guest

they will go fine I think. they play without the abs in most of the air nz cup every year. the super 14 is a step up but in recent years players that have peformed at provincial level have also stepped up at super 14 level.

if the kiwi teams still perform and win the super 14 nobody will really care too much about the abs missing the first 7 rounds.

7. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3793996a1823,00.html

no surprises there

8. esoj

esoj Guest

not really maybe only one would be howlett for sivivatu. sivi has been injured a lot this year and hasn't played as many games a howlett and would benefite from playing most of the super 14 imo. the rest can't really argue with it all.

9. nez

nez Guest

Yeah interesting there. Seems as though Sivi and Joe are the first choicers now, although Henry did say that Howlett & Gear are players that can look after their own conditioning in an interview on allblacks.com. Also I think I heard somewhere that the Aussies aren't going to do the same in the Super 14.

10. ShowMe

ShowMe Guest

Agreed with esoj. I dont think our teams wont be affected that much, we have good depth and we're kinda used to it with the old NPC during the trinations, infact theres a headstart now with the AirNZ cup already into stage 2 and 30 ABs missing since the beginning due to trinations duty, so its nothing new thats for sure.

11. this is how they scrape out:

blues 4
    cheifs 3
    hurricanes 6
    crusaders 7
    highlanders 2

looks like my two teams (auckland and highlanders) arnt going to suffer too badly. but i dont think this is worth making a fuss over, there is obvous reasons for taking them out and after all its only for one half of it.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!